All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My own throw and mow experiment

Honker

5 year old buck +
Back in July I seeded a LC mix into a few of my plots that had been left fallow this year. I sprayed the plots with gly at 2 quarts to the acre, seeded the mix, mowed the plots and cultipacked the plots in the same day. The weeds in the plots were waist high in some places but it seems I got to most of them before they went to seed. I was leary about mowing them so soon after spraying , but they were DEAD. Unfortunately I didn't take pictures at the time of planting (July 12th) but a little over a month later with some decent rain I started seeing some positive results.

August 22nd
0F397204-E00D-4F93-A648-40CE4798456F_zpsfaw5l2r0.jpg

D387C223-F78F-4883-B66F-8CA1A25E443F_zps967t0k8h.jpg

I had a few thin spots that I seeded with rye at this point but overall things looked pretty good. The peas in the mix seem to come up first followed by everything else. Nitrogen applied August 15th.

September 20th
photo%201_zpsocdag8iq.jpg

I'll try to get some better pictures this weekend.

Thanks NH, I'm pretty impressed so far. My plot take quite awhile to dry out in the spring so this might be the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk