My first e-fenced foodplot experience Updated again 9/14, the difference between protected and unprotected in 7 days

don

5 year old buck +
I removed the solar powered e-fence protecting the forage beans, corn and ag beans, 6 acres total in size. The deer have had their way with the forage beans since last Sunday.
At that time I re-positioned the two row, three strand poly tape, poly wire fence so as to protect just the corn and ag beans, about 4 acres, and will leave that in place until early to mid November when our firearms season begins.
There were a very few Sunflower plants mixed in with the forage beans and they didn't stand a chance lol. You can see where the tops were nipped off the forage beans the entire length of each row from end to end.
You can also see how the still protected soys and corn are faring in comparison, all were planted on the same day.
I would rate the Gallagher style solar powered e-fence as being at least 95% effective, there were a few intrusions but very few as evidenced by tracks, nipped plant tops etc. but overall I would rate my experience as being everything I had hoped it would be and more, I am totally satisfied with what I have seen.DSC08109.JPG
DSC08106.JPGDSC08104.JPGDSC08110.JPGDSC08112.JPG

Attachments

• DSC08109.JPG
    DSC08109.JPG
    644.2 KB · Views: 12
I have had a very positive experience with the 3d fencing of my soybeans also. Your plots look wonderful. Standing Soybeans late season are simply amazing.

Reactions: don
Looks real good!

Reactions: don