My 5.5 yr old heavyweight showed

Our bucks commonly start downhill at age five. Pick up some mass - but may lose a tine

Just being nosey, did he go down hill? Do you have a history with this deer?

Just being nosey, did he go down hill? Do you have a history with this deer?
Looks like my daughter picked up his shed on 2/28/22, when we guessed he was 2.5. He always had a decent frame but short tines. Maybe there's a chance he's 6.5 this year in my original post. I'll include a a couple pics from last year as well, when we guessed he was a 4.5 and the heaviest deer on our farm. Haven't physically seen him since 2.5. We don't see this deer. We also have a 6.5 on cam this summer who we have never seen alive once. We have his sheds the past 4 years. Tend to hunt conservatively and I think it shows sometimes.

Yes he went downhill. Not for lack of appetite.

20220228_141746.jpg20230917_102004.jpg20230917_102045.jpg

Thanks, I like the story and the knowledge. Very local boy figured us humans out, smarter than the average deer

Got another daylight pic of this guy while still in velvet. At this point in the game he's my #1 target. Pretty good chance he'd be my heaviest buck ever. What do you guys think he'd dress - 230-240?

20240927_204701.jpg

Got another daylight pic of this guy while still in velvet. At this point in the game he's my #1 target. Pretty good chance he'd be my heaviest buck ever. What do you guys think he'd dress - 230-240?

View attachment 69041

You sure you haven’t had him penned up with some butcher steers somewhere?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

View attachment 69041

Is that a cowbell around his neck? 🤣 He's a hog!

238 lbs FD

He is a cool deer for what he is antlers and body weight. I would be happy to put an arrow through him. Or as previously mentioned let one of the kids have something to brag about.

He's a porker for sure.

Who needs to waste nutrients on antler growth when you can build a gut like that?