Muscadine jelly

huntall

5 year old buck +
Made some muscadine jelly this evening.
Now gotta get some biscuits to go with it!

Last edited:

I have a list of muscadines on my desk waiting to order in the spring, black loomis at the top at 22 % sugar.

I have a few wild ones on my place. My brother has a bunch of muscadines growing at his house so i picked a few gallons for myself and a few gallons for my mom.

I seem to have wild muscadines all over my property. Can they be tamed or trained? They put out extremely small fruits. It appears that in one area they may have been trellised at one time.

I seem to have wild muscadines all over my property. Can they be tamed or trained? They put out extremely small fruits. It appears that in one area they may have been trellised at one time.
The wild ones on my place are probably much like yours. Usually up a tree out of reach also.

I picked a couple gallons at my brothers house and gonna make some more jelly.

made these from the bronze color ones this time. should be just as good as the other batch!
Now i need another pan of biscuts!

I have not tasted this batch, but am interested to see the taste compared to the dark kind of muscadines. Look at the color difference in these bronze ones and the other kind in the first pic.