MOPAR nationals

Bill

Administrator
My son took second in the time bandits section. Not hard to do when there were only 3 entry's :).
Most of the 3000 plus cars were shiny and pretty. We didn't even stay to get the plaque just went for fun and we had some...

image.png

Nothing like looking at old muscle cars for an afternoon. Glad you and the boy had a good time. The GTO nationals where here in Columbus, IN a year or two ago and I took the fam one afternoon. Most of them had no idea what the big deal was, but my boy and I enjoyed ourselves.

I was at a mopar race day in my dodge a few years ago, the looks I was getting with my 11.0 dial made it four rounds and had someone run less than a tenth over their dial, still fun as I had to sit and give them a dang near 3 second head start, then reel em in like a big wet catfish.
and yest, that big noisy one you saw Bill, ran consistent 11.2's

Last edited:
I think the Charger next to it needs some TLC too.

I think the Charger next to it needs some TLC too.

It was actually a "real" Daytona. Guy told me he owned a flawless cuda for 11 years and put 4 miles on it. He said this car is more fun because he can use it. Turned down two offers for $100,000 that I personally heard. No idea how many he got.

I like that he told my son if he ever over restored the charger he's an idiot :)

image.png

Turned down two offers for $100,000 that I personally heard.

Funny how everyone has a different perspective. I'm not sure you could pay me 100k to take that car. No doubt I'm the fool!

Funny how everyone has a different perspective. I'm not sure you could pay me 100k to take that car. No doubt I'm the fool!
If you ever see a car with a nose like this or a wing like pic two. Call me! Rusty gold worth many acres in most states. Car guys are are as weird as habitat guys. Mopar guys are as nuts as Tony L fanatics.

image.png image.png

Air conditioning water valve from a 70's Mopar. $25 in the day. $500 today. It's nuts. Barret Jackson is fun to watch. But thay are killing the old car world just like the pro staff hunting world is killing family hunting

image.png

Original Parts....is all you have to say! Car guys of all kinds go nuts!!!!!

I'm with John I need it to look like it came off the showroom. Then I will get the checkbook out. I love watching those shows of them rebuilding those cars. My favorite is the one with Chip Foose he is a very talented guy.

I'm with John I need it to look like it came off the showroom. Then I will get the checkbook out. I love watching those shows of them rebuilding those cars. My favorite is the one with Chip Foose he is a very talented guy.

My son eats those shows up. Like anything there a bit far fetched. No way they finish a car in a week. Heck the body man has them for a year.

Kinda like the Drury's showing up, scouting a property, putting up a stand and killing monster buck in the morning.

Car shows are a joke....my son (mechanic) and I laugh about them all the time and they NEVER talk about what it really costs! The one I like is Fantom Works and Graveyard cars (his personality pisses me off but cool cars). I watched a show where Foose did a GTO very similar to mine once.....everyone watched the show and my daughter asked...."Dad, how would you like it if we did that for you and your car?" My son piped up and said, "When dad goes back in the house after the reveal - it's time to run.....'cause he's getting a gun and someones going to die!!!" I'm a purest....I don't like the overly customized looks on most classic cars. Foose put some gaudy wheels on the car, some F'ed up paint job, shaved the door handles and blacked out all the chrome. Yes - I would have killed him. If god drives a classic - he would have understood! I don't want a factory resto showpiece - I want something to drive and a few mods are fine, but lossing the classic look and feel of an original muscle car is an unforgivable sin in my opinion.