Montana Antelope

mnjohn

5 year old buck +
005 (800x600).jpg

My 13 year old sons 1st Montana antelope

Nice, speed goats are allot of fun and a great way to go west. How far was the shot? Had the goats been pressured or were you able to get close?

And a pretty goat to boot! Nice job!

Crawled to adout 175yds and a doe peg him, but still managed to get off the shot.

Congrats to your son! Sounds like he's a good shot

Great pic! How do those things taste? I've always wondered about trying it, but the westward venture is a tad bit outta reach yet.

The area we hunt is alot of ag land mixed with huge tracks of BLM land. They graze alot in wheat stubble and alfalfa fields so they are pretty good eating.

Crawled to adout 175yds and a doe peg him, but still managed to get off the shot.

That sounds like it would have been a lot of fun for a kid. Heck it would be fun for an old fart but I bet he ate that up.

Congratulations!

Great pic! How do those things taste? I've always wondered about trying it, but the westward venture is a tad bit outta reach yet.
The area we hunt is alot of ag land mixed with huge tracks of BLM land. They graze alot in wheat stubble and alfalfa fields so they are pretty good eating.
Congrats to your boy! Great job!

Glad you like them John, I will never eat the stuff again. Looks like a goat, smells like a goat, tastes like a goat. I have had it prepared many different ways by my brother and his wife when visiting in WY and I did not care for them at all. The bbq'd stuff was best, but only because the bbq sauce can cover up the taste. My brother no longer hunts them either, unless he happens to see a super freak rack on the way to work or something, then he will buy a tag, just to see if he can get another cool one for the wall.

The only reason I keep going out after these speed goats is my wife likes the taste. I have had goat of off the sage flats in WY, tastes nothing like these goats we shoot that eat wheat, peas and alfalfa.

Congrats. That looks like a big one. Is it? I have never hunted them.

Congrats. That looks like a big one. Is it? I have never hunted them.
15" is a big one, the spread is pretty cool does not help your score though. He will have a had time topping that one.

nice goat - good for him.

Congrats to your son.

love seeing kids hunting! That is a GIANT!!! Stud!!!