All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Monster Crabapple

buckvelvet

5 year old buck +
I grafted one up via Scion from CrazyEd. I'm googling it and not finding much on it. Is this a crab discovered one of our properties or perhaps and less talked about nursery?

I think I recall one of the guys had " monster crab " at his place and gave it that name. I don't remember which guy, though. I don't think it's a BONA FIDE variety - just a name given by the one with the tree. I believe the tree owner shared scion with a few others.

I think I recall one of the guys had " monster crab " at his place and gave it that name. I don't remember which guy, though. I don't think it's a BONA FIDE variety - just a name given by the one with the tree. I believe the tree owner shared scion with a few others.

Looks like CrazyEd originally talked about it w/ Jhoss @ QDMA forum back in May 2013 when they had both grafted it, perhaps Jhoss graft was from 2012.

https://www.qdma.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-56254.html

Any pics of it? Why is it called that

This not a named variety as far as I know. Jhoss gave me the scions.

I think the name is what it is because of the monsterous amount of fruit it spews.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I think the name is what it is because of the monsterous amount of fruit it spews.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

So kinda comparable to a Dolgo more/less?