MoBuckChaser

Critter Chaser

Yearling... With promise
MoBuckChaser - Are you out their? Would you help me? I would like to talk to you about hunting N. MO. I am going to come down and hunt first week or two in November and would like to pick your brain a little. Would you be willing to chat with me? Thanks.

Critter Chaser

Im sure John will point you in the right direction. He knows his way around in that part of town!

I am about to jump in the combine after a 7 hr drive from hunting in N Missouri. I will check back to see how tough the questions are!;)

Easy questions,

I am going to be staying at local hotel in Bethany. I reserved a room from Nov 2 to 12th. I will be hunting south on Hwy VV and also a couple miles east of Gilman City. This will be my first time hunting in the area. Just wanted to learn about what is going on. Is there an area where guys hang out after the hunt (local watering hole)? Is this area good for rattling and grunting and bring in decoys. Where I grew up in SE MN, that worked good, here in WI, not so much. Anyway, nothing major, just wanted to chat about the area as I know you are familiar with the area. Thanks.

Camaro's Bar in Bethany. Just east of the walmart on the other side of the freeway.......not that I have ever been there;), but it is a good place to eat and party.

Are you hunting through an outfitter, or private land, public land? That will tell me what you can and should expect.

Road hunters are brutal during rifle season so you should be ok at the time you are going.

Camaro's Bar in Bethany. Just east of the walmart on the other side of the freeway.......not that I have ever been there;), but it is a good place to eat and party.

Are you hunting through an outfitter, or private land, public land? That will tell me what you can and should expect.

Road hunters are brutal during rifle season so you should be ok at the time you are going.

I am not a big partier, just want to run into other hunters to BS with as I am coming down by myself. No outfitter, just me on my own on some private land and have found. Its doesn't appear to be the best land, but fingers that connect to bigger chunks of woods. I have one farm that is 400 acres, with no food and overrun with cattle, but one corner looks ok. I am really looking forward to getting down there.

I am not a big partier, just want to run into other hunters to BS with as I am coming down by myself. No outfitter, just me on my own on some private land and have found. Its doesn't appear to be the best land, but fingers that connect to bigger chunks of woods. I have one farm that is 400 acres, with no food and overrun with cattle, but one corner looks ok. I am really looking forward to getting down there.

Hunt the Wayne Helton wildlife area if you are not having any luck elsewhere. Lots of deer in that 2500 acres. With some large bucks being shot in there as well.

http://outdoors-missouri.com/Missouri-Conservation-Area-Hunting.html

Hunt the Wayne Helton wildlife area if you are not having any luck elsewhere. Lots of deer in that 2500 acres. With some large bucks being shot in there as well.

http://outdoors-missouri.com/Missouri-Conservation-Area-Hunting.html
Thanks for the info MoBuck, I really appreciate it. I am going to start a thread about the Wayne Helton area and see if anyone has hunted and where to get started. It looks overwhelming.

Thanks for the info MoBuck, I really appreciate it. I am going to start a thread about the Wayne Helton area and see if anyone has hunted and where to get started. It looks overwhelming.

It is one of the best Wildlife areas in Northern Missouri that I know of. And not hunted that hard from what I could see. We owned a chunk of ground just to the west about 4 years ago. We only had the property for 2 months, so I did not hunt there. But my real estate buddy knows the area very well, as he has lived in that area for years. He tells me about the good buck population right there. So, it is worth a look! Good Luck!

It is one of the best Wildlife areas in Northern Missouri that I know of. And not hunted that hard from what I could see. We owned a chunk of ground just to the west about 4 years ago. We only had the property for 2 months, so I did not hunt there. But my real estate buddy knows the area very well, as he has lived in that area for years. He tells me about the good buck population right there. So, it is worth a look! Good Luck!
Any chance your real estate buddy would talk to me and point me a direction to get started? I would compensate him for his time. Thanks.

Any chance your real estate buddy would talk to me and point me a direction to get started? I would compensate him for his time. Thanks.

He leases out land for a large farmer if you are looking for land to lease. I will ask him if he knows any good spots in the helton WMA that he would care to let out. He hunts as well.

He leases out land for a large farmer if you are looking for land to lease. I will ask him if he knows any good spots in the helton WMA that he would care to let out. He hunts as well.

That would be great. Thanks.

One of the reasons we bought in KS instead of MO, one property we looked at the locals were running coyote dogs through it while we were there, as far as I know they didn't have permission. Everything I've read online about southern Iowa and Northern Missouri says it's a pretty lawless environment. A farmer in NE Iowa once told me that they were planning on giving the southern most counties in Iowa to Missouri and therefore raising the average IQ of both states.

One of the reasons we bought in KS instead of MO, one property we looked at the locals were running coyote dogs through it while we were there, as far as I know they didn't have permission. Everything I've read online about southern Iowa and Northern Missouri says it's a pretty lawless environment. A farmer in NE Iowa once told me that they were planning on giving the southern most counties in Iowa to Missouri and therefore raising the average IQ of both states.

If it ain't coyotes they are running, its racoons at night. You are right about that.

The opportunity's to make money were in Northern Missouri at the time, and still are for that matter. I know little about Kansas. It may be just as good of hunting, but I don't know about buying and selling land in Kansas.