Mobile access to the site.... How is it working?

John-W-WI

Administrator
How is mobile access working for everyone?

It seems great on my Android device, iThing people?

I know picture sizes have been an issue for a few, but that isn't really a mobile issue. I'm working on that for everyone, not just mobile.

I just used the native chrome browser and it seemed fine. Does Tapatalk work with the site (I don't use it, but I know some of you do)?

Thanks,

-John

looks fine to me. I dont use Tapatalk

Yep better than the old site

Looks great from my Android collection (note and note 10.1)

It works great on my Galaxy S4 Android.

Any iThing people have a report?

-John

Signatures are not displayed when viewing on my android

Disregard it looks like they are now, they weren't a couple hours ago.

Looks good on my iPhone. Could not find habitat-talk on tapatalk

Replying from my iPad now John.image.jpg

Guess it works from Ipad ok. It even corrected the picture size for me. Great job John.

Looks good on my iPhone.

I'm not seeing signatures though. Anyone else?

Signatures only appear when iphone is turned on side or wide aspect.

every thing works fine on my android.

I've got an iPhone 5S. It was working great for me. The picture problem isn't a site problem. The iPhones take such a hi-res photo that it can't be uploaded as is. It needs to be cranked down on the MPs. Once you do that, it works like butter. I'm hoping to get some live posting done when I head up to the property. May even solicit some feedback on questions as it's happening.

How bout that for neat?

I've got an iPhone 5S. It was working great for me. The picture problem isn't a site problem. The iPhones take such a hi-res photo that it can't be uploaded as is. It needs to be cranked down on the MPs. Once you do that, it works like butter. I'm hoping to get some live posting done when I head up to the property. May even solicit some feedback on questions as it's happening.

How bout that for neat?

I'd say that is pretty cool if you can do it 'live'.

I'm hoping to have the site resize images that are too big on the fly. So users don't have to mess with them prior to uploading.

I'm still learning though, so don't expect much :). (I do think the danger of me breaking the site is gone now, so we are safe (and doing backups regularly)

-John

Really good from my I phone, you can zoom pictures, typing is a breeze.
Just wondering, how do you tell the last person to reply to a thread. I only see the person who started it. I see my picture on the bottom right hand corner of the original posters picture. That must happen if I reply.

Works great on my Galaxy S4. Pictures straight from the phone are to large to post. Have to go through photo bucket to do them, but that's ok.

My guess is they simplified the mobile page so that it can load faster on a cellular connection. They probably tossed that part out. I am really impressed with how fast it moves when i'm using cellular vs wi-fi.

Signatures only appear when iphone is turned on side or wide aspect.
I was wondering about that...that way on my Motorola as well.