MN Wolf Update

SD51555

5 year old buck +
tumblr_m45zb67xjZ1rs5f1po1_250.jpg

From the pages of the Outdoor News this past week; here's the weekly update on what those majestic endangered creatures are up to.

Virginia - A landowner reported a collared wolf lurking in her yard showing no signs of fear. Landowner also reported losing pets and livestock in the past to wolves.

Aurora - A resident reported a pack of wolves lurking around a home showing no signs of fear.

Brookston - A wolf depredation complaint was received in regards to a domestic dog.

***Duluth - "Officer Duncan fielded several complaints regarding wolves, including one involving a family dog being picked up and carried away as the dog owner stood in disbelief just outside her front door."

Carlton - A wolf was found dumped in the Nemadji River that appeared to have been snared.

Wealthwood - (Mille Lacs District) a depredation complaint was received in regards to a day old calf, though not specifically pinned on wolves.

I suspect things like this are going to continue in frequency until fawns start dropping.

I suspect things like this are going to continue in frequency until fawns start dropping.
Perfect, the more bad press they get before then the more it looks like they are a population in need of control. Would hoping for a bit of a late fawn drop be too much to ask, so the wolves can have a few extra weeks to cut their own throats?

This what the Nimrod wolves were having for Easter dinner. The rancher rode the herd in the morning, and when they rode it again after Easter dinner, this is what they found. Buggers took advantage of the opportunity right in the middle of the day.

:eek: They sure don't leave much do they!:eek:

I like to see wolves,

In my crosshairs.

I like to see them in save the wolf members yards, eating the family pet (the kids won't be so sympathetic growing up).

This cattle operation is only 1.5 miles straight east of me across the tamarack swamp. They have nearly 1000 head and have to ride the herd every hour, 24 hours a day to try and keep the wolves at bay. The federal trappers are in there now and then they are coming in through my place in the next couple days to trap on the end of my peninsula. I sure wish 'em luck.

I'd be bringing them doughnuts and coffee.

I'd be bringing them doughnuts and coffee.

Oh yea, if I run in to them boys on one of my trips, lunch is definitely on me!!!