MN Gun Opener Reports

SD51555

5 year old buck +
Hopefully we can consolidate the MN opener reports into one thread. Here's my take from today.

*We got into camp around 1pm today. We're hunting away from our land to give our place a rest and provide refuge in our neighborhood. We heard over 100 shots today. Not sure if nobody sighted in their rifles or if guys are starting early. Either way, seems like there are some folks up here, but not near the traffic that's been seen in past years. Looking like a cold and windy opener. Getting some rain now, hoping for a little snow to kick off the opener.

.....and now Ladies and Gentlemen....the moment you've been waiting for all year-long......Your MAIN EVENT! The MN Rifle Deer Opener will soon be underway! Good luck guys! Hope we can all post something good here about this hunt. Family shows up soon here.....looking forward to time in the woods with them. Already planted a rubber snake in one bunk and a rubber rat in another. :D :)

.....and now Ladies and Gentlemen....the moment you've been waiting for all year-long......Your MAIN EVENT! The MN Rifle Deer Opener will soon be underway! Good luck guys! Hope we can all post something good here about this hunt. Family shows up soon here.....looking forward to time in the woods with them. Already planted a rubber snake in one bunk and a rubber rat in another. :D :)
practical jokes were a big part of life in the deer camp i grew up going to! the good old days.... Imiss that place. Good luck to you guys in MN tomorrow AM!

Heard a couple shots here as well.

After abandoning my climber spot due to fearing I'd end up on the ground if she let go, I moved over to a fresh scrape for the remainder of the afternoon. Saw one squirrel. :(

Looks like I'm headed in to get a rifle license (and another mushroom and beef Papa Murphy's pizza :D ).

Good luck tomorrow all you MN gun hunters! Ours starts next sat.

Good luck to all you guys tomorrow. Our KY season starts tomorrow as well. Looking forward to it so much.

This is the first time in a long time I will miss the MN rifle opener. My daughter as well will not hunt this year and that is something, as she has not missed in 13 years.

Good luck everyone, I really hope you have some decent luck!

I'm just hoping that we hit the 100000 mark and I get the free beer.

I'm just hoping that we hit the 100000 mark and I get the free beer.
I'm hoping for 99,500, and a sweet case of yummy Blatz Light.

Good luck everyone no matter where you are.

Good luck everyone no matter where you are.
I'll double the good luck wishes. Be safe and have a great weekend, deer or no deer

5.25 am. No shots yet.

5.25 am. No shots yet.

One would hope not!

Good Luck Brooks!

We just got stirring. Woke up to coyote yelping. And now wolf howling. Maybe all wolves, who knows.

Wishing all the MN guys a safe and successful early gun hunt and most of all have fun out there and make some memories.

Have a safe and memorable hunt everyone.

Good luck everyone, I don't gun hunt MN yet but will be checking in here and with a handful of friends all day to keep me occupied while at work today :)

4 people. 1 little 6 pt seen total.
Absolutely no shooting anywhere around.
Disgusting. Must be in a cold pocket again.

My buddy is north up by Hibbing MN, 8 guys and no one has seen a deer yet. and no shooting anywhere. No Good!