Milorganite

bueller

Just bought a couple bags to bring up north for my soybean plot. None of the bags are broken yet this crap stinks up my car. I may have to try wrapping them in a large garbage bag or I'm going hear it from the wife the whole ride up. How many bags per acre do you all use for a deer deterrent?

We would buy it 5 bags at a time and put 3 bags on our 2/3rd acre plot and 2 bags on our smaller plot that was about 1/3rd acre. So if my math is correct that is 180lbs/acre.

We would buy it 5 bags at a time and put 3 bags on our 2/3rd acre plot and 2 bags on our smaller plot that was about 1/3rd acre. So if my math is correct that is 180lbs/acre.
Did you notice any deterrence at that rate? I'm planning on applying about 100 lbs/acre.

They pretty much left it alone for the first 2 weeks and then they would slowly start to browse it. After about 5 weeks it was gone. Happened 4 or 5 times before we gave up on ever having beans for fall and we just either didn't plant soys or just threw them down for fawning protein and to maybe help the bucks produce a little horn, but this was Juneau Co, so we know how that part went. We never applied more than once though, so you might have luck reapplying if you start to notice browsing?

Well I just put down 2 bags (72 lbs) on about 3/4 of an acre. Seemed like a fairly heavy rate as I was spreading. Hopefully it deters them a bit so the beans can put on some growth.

We look for some many reasons to draw deer, then find ways to push them away :emoji_relaxed:

Bueller ... start overseeding now with clover, turnips, brassica, and they WR in early sept ... good luck!

We look for some many reasons to draw deer, then find ways to push them away :emoji_relaxed:

Bueller ... start overseeding now with clover, turnips, brassica, and they WR in early sept ... good luck!
I think I'm going to wait 3-4 weeks to see if I need to spray again before over seeding.

I think I'm going to wait 3-4 weeks to see if I need to spray again before over seeding.

At 3-4 weeks you are late July/early Aug in sand country ...

I've been thinking this too. My sand ground needs to be done around the first of July.