Mattress shopping

Anybody have a “purple” mattress?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our mattress was getting a wee bit saggy so I went to home Depot and purchased 2 sheets of 5/8 plywood . Cut to fit and corners rounded off and now I sleep like a baby . That's how is poor folks roll

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk
I do the exact same thing when a mattress gets a little older. Putting it between the mattress and box springs firms it up pretty well again.

It says you need to replace the mattress pad every 6 months, how expensive is just the pad?
I think Im on year 2 of the same cooling pad. When I drain the cooler weekly, I pull the hoses and rotate the flow. Every few months I put the pad outside and have a water balloon fliller on a garden hose and crack it for low flow, not to over pressure the pad. Then I push the cooling water channels with my finger and slimy goop comes out, and it flow alot better. After the weekly flush, I fill up the cooler, then put the hoses on. It primes the small pump.

I've worked in marine and electric power gen most of my career, so I know a few tricks on keeping heat exchangers alive for awhile.

Anybody have a “purple” mattress?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I tried one. It was decent but not near as good as the tempur pedic. When I returned it they couldn't find anybody to pick it up so I donated it to my nephew. He's very happy with it.