Mattress shopping

b116757

5 year old buck +
Ok guys I’m shopping for a new mattress the wife says it’s time for a new one. We now have a Sleep Number P5 that’s 15 years old. We looked at new Sleep Number beds but I’m not sure that’s the path forward we also looked at Tempurpedic mattresses. Anybody have any strong positive experiences with other manufacturers.

After having a Jamestown mattress double pillow top for over 25 years that was great, I finally figured it was time for an update. Went with the Stearns and Foster Rockwell luxury firm Euro pillow top. It’s a really nice mattress. It’s an all foam mattress with all those different layers to it and for sure it’s the heaviest mattress I’ve ever dealt with. Moving it takes several people. I like it very much. I don‘t think you can go wrong with any of the higher end mattresses like your looking at. I see a lot of mattresses on sale this weekend for Presidents’ Day sales. Good time to buy.

After having a Jamestown mattress double pillow top for over 25 years that was great, I finally figured it was time for an update. Went with the Stearns and Foster Rockwell luxury firm Euro pillow top. It’s a really nice mattress. It’s an all foam mattress with all those different layers to it and for sure it’s the heaviest mattress I’ve ever dealt with. Moving it takes several people. I like it very much. I don‘t think you can go wrong with any of the higher end mattresses like your looking at. I see a lot of mattresses on sale this weekend for Presidents’ Day sales. Good time to buy.
That’s what I told my wife last night “we probably would be happy with about any of the mattresses in the price range we where looking at”

We bought a new King mattress set just last year.

The wife decided to replace our queen size spindle bed with a king size sleigh bed so we started mattress shopping pretty hard looking at everything and trying out what we could.
We ended up getting a Saatva split King Size medium firmness. Needed the split box spring because our bedroom is upstairs.

We absolutely LOVE it! We sleep like babies in it...lots of room, extremely comfortable... it is a little tall. The company delivered and set it up for us...have zero regrets on the purchase would by the same again.

Not cheap but I’m very partial to Kingsdown.

If they would just go back to goose down feather beds instead of these new foam ones, we could maybe get rid of all these nuisance geese all over the place.

The Beautyrest Black C-Class in Medium in the King with advanced motion base has been a game changer.

When we travel and use hotels, if we find a mattress we like, we turn it over and get whatever information we can on it. Sometime the hotel manager will even give you more info. Most are made and sold to hotels directly in bulk, but sometimes with enough digging you can find the same mattress with a retail label. It is usually a bunch of phone calls to get the info. Some folks don't want to waste time with you, but others can be quite helpful.

Do this if you sleep on your side. Both lie down on the bed. Then feel the line of your spine. IF you feel a bend or she feels a uneveness in your hips, then you need a firmer matress.

Someone get hot in their bed? Buy a matress cooler.

look up mattress cooler USA. You need to drain and fill the cooler weekly, or it'll clog up after a month or two. Sometimes I run vinegar through it too, to get the hard water deposits out of it. We use our well water.

I bought a temper pedic should be here this week $5000 for a mattress seem ridiculous hope we like it.

I bought a temper pedic should be here this week $5000 for a mattress seem ridiculous hope we like it.
I didn't like mine for the first couple of months. Since we've gotten it broken in however, I haven't found a more comfortable mattress.

I just bought our second temper pedic. First one lasted 15 years. Absolutely love it. When ever I sleep somewhere else I realize how much I love it.

Do this if you sleep on your side. Both lie down on the bed. Then feel the line of your spine. IF you feel a bend or she feels a uneveness in your hips, then you need a firmer matress.

Someone get hot in their bed? Buy a matress cooler.

look up mattress cooler USA. You need to drain and fill the cooler weekly, or it'll clog up after a month or two. Sometimes I run vinegar through it too, to get the hard water deposits out of it. We use our well water.
It says you need to replace the mattress pad every 6 months, how expensive is just the pad?

Our mattress was getting a wee bit saggy so I went to home Depot and purchased 2 sheets of 5/8 plywood . Cut to fit and corners rounded off and now I sleep like a baby . That's how is poor folks roll

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk

Ok guys I’m shopping for a new mattress the wife says it’s time for a new one. We now have a Sleep Number P5 that’s 15 years old. We looked at new Sleep Number beds but I’m not sure that’s the path forward we also looked at Tempurpedic mattresses. Anybody have any strong positive experiences with other manufacturers.
What's wrong with your sleep number? I've been looking hard at those as they seem to get great reviews overall.

What's wrong with your sleep number? I've been looking hard at those as they seem to get great reviews overall.
Sleep number is 13 years old it has been a good bed other than having to replace the pump twice in that time. We very nearly just bought another one of them just thought we would try something different this time.

Our mattress was getting a wee bit saggy so I went to home Depot and purchased 2 sheets of 5/8 plywood . Cut to fit and corners rounded off and now I sleep like a baby . That's how is poor folks roll

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk
Been there done that sort of thing myself getting close to retirement now and have made some good financial decisions over the years. My wife’s crazy ass was all about buying a split king with adjustable base $11,000 so I did rein in the crazy on this purchase.

My wife and I got Serta's about 3-4 years ago. Do not recommend at all. Did the whole sleep study. Found out she needed a soft mattress and I needed a hard mattress. So we each got our own single mattress and pushed them together for a King size. I loved mine to start and she hated hers. Hers was a lot harder than expected. We were going to return it. I think we had 60 days but when we called them, they said oh it'll soften, just give it some time. After a year hers still hadn't softened and mine got so soft to the point that I can't stand it. By then was too late to return them.

My wife and I got Serta's about 3-4 years ago. Do not recommend at all. Did the whole sleep study. Found out she needed a soft mattress and I needed a hard mattress. So we each got our own single mattress and pushed them together for a King size. I loved mine to start and she hated hers. Hers was a lot harder than expected. We were going to return it. I think we had 60 days but when we called them, they said oh it'll soften, just give it some time. After a year hers still hadn't softened and mine got so soft to the point that I can't stand it. By then was too late to return them.
About what happened with my Sterns and Foster. It was a high dollar one and after about 3 years is so soft I wake up with a back ache every day. I think I spent over 3k on it. It has a 10 year warranty but it doesn't actually sag. Just so structure to the foam anymore which apparently doesn't qualify for warranty.

If you have a Verlo close to you, they are worth checking out. We got a V9 hybrid king, and it’s unbelievably comfortable. They have lots of options but that was about the best three thousand dollars I’ve ever spent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk