All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mathews "No Cam" Bow

B

BJE80

Intial Thoughts? Anyone see or shoot one yet?

1404544_10154799395900529_4729729202300006180_o.png

I bet it's smooth drawing

Brooks-Johnson-2010-NC-Swan-Snaro.jpg
I have been shooting no cam bows for years! Get you some.

That is one ugly looking bow! Needs a seat and pedals and you could ride it

Uh, just because they're not eccentric, doesn't mean they're not cams. Leave it to Matthews to come up with some BS marketing. :rolleyes:

That's some pretty sweet 1966 technology right there!
I remember the debates well back in the 70's and 80's . Smooth (wheels) vs power(cams) Old ideas.
I know nothing about this bow but, with todays technology I assume there will be a niche for it.

View attachment 2919
I have been shooting no cam bows for years! Get you some.
Pretty cool Brooks. I have a Bear longbow I got a few years back but I've never had the balls to hunt deer with it. Maybe some day when I can target a doe again.

I thought the same thing as Timber did - just because they are not true cams, they are simply eccentric wheels which is a blurred line with a "cam" - somebody is marketing a technicality. Sort of surprising from Matthews - sounds more like something a lesser company would try. They will put it in the hands of some pros on TV and magazines and they will sell like crazy - the market place is full of those that have to have the latest and greatest - even if it truly isn't the latest and greatest. Marketing - sells - period. Especially in our society of sheep. Maybe it will be sold with a free roll-out food plot as well!!!!!