Make almost any camera a cell camera

Where did you guys order them from, or buy?

Got mine from Tractor Supply. Ordered on Mon. and got Sat.

Got mine. I set it up on a wild game innovations cam to test it out near the house.

You need to have a micro SD card before you can use it plus 8 AA batteries.
Then you install the phone app.
The first week is unlimited photos. After that they have monthly payments for certain numbers of photos, starting at free, then $5/month/250 photos, $7/1000 photos, $10/unlimited.

You connect a corded SD card inside the camera, close the cord in the camera and connect the other end to the cell-link (this is all one proprietary cable setup).

I've tripped my camera twice and then I can go on the app and see the photos. I can mark some as "favorites" and see the battery level of the cell link device.

So far, seems cool. I hope my areas where I use my cameras have good cell signal.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not sure if it's the camera, the card, or the cell-link but this is what I got so far. 1 pic I can't view and one is hazy.
70a2eea84cf2ef584ffda8dcab0a57cd.jpg

Well I got one from Scheels, I tested it at home on a old moultrie and it worked good. Took it out to the woods to hook up to a browning, it doesnt fit good in the strike force cameras. Well I think the door on the browning must have cut the cord because it wouldnt get the pics out to the card in the link. I dont totally understand how the system works but it seems to temporarily store them on the card plugged into camera and at some point sends them up to the micro sd card in the link

In the app, you can tell it how often to send them to you. Maybe yours is working but just needs time (err... Unless you see a broken cable). See pic.

I don't think that it stores them on the SD with the cable embedded - that's likely just a jumper to the cell-link system. Then the cell system send them up to spypoiny at an interval that you set.

I did read that you have to wait a certain amount of time while the lights are flashing to ensure good signal.

I am putting mine in the field tomorrow.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200705-183808_SPYPOINT LINK.jpg
    Screenshot_20200705-183808_SPYPOINT LINK.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 14
I saw them in Tractor Supply and started to pick one up, but I have read they dont work with Browning or Reconyx. If I find out different I will give one a shot.

In the app, you can tell it how often to send them to you. Maybe yours is working but just needs time (err... Unless you see a broken cable). See pic.

I don't think that it stores them on the SD with the cable embedded - that's likely just a jumper to the cell-link system. Then the cell system send them up to spypoiny at an interval that you set.

I did read that you have to wait a certain amount of time while the lights are flashing to ensure good signal.

I am putting mine in the field tomorrow.

Well that is what I thought to, but I tried hooking it back up to the moultrie to see if it was getting pics to the micro sd. They didnt show up on the micro sd but they did on the sd card with the plug coming out. This afternoon i was messing with it again and those pics sent out to the app. Then they dont show up on the sd card anymore. Maybe the issue is that it just doesnt work with browning.

I saw them in Tractor Supply and started to pick one up, but I have read they dont work with Browning or Reconyx. If I find out different I will give one a shot.
Where did you read that they dont work with browning?

Pretty sure I read it on a thread on Archery Talk. The poster confirmed it would not work by asking Spypoint. They supposedly have a list of compatible cameras but I have not been able to find that list, not even on their website. I will try and fine the AT thread.

The Browning Spec Ops Advantage is out. The SD card slot is right where the latch secures the camera. It’s dead center on the latch and nowhere for the cable to go out. Not to mention it will be closing on hard plastic no gasket so the longevity of the cable is questionable at best. I have disliked Spypoint for a long time and that has not changed.

I have moved on to try it with a Reconyx. As I have been waiting for what seems like forever for this micro-sd card to format I think I might be able to make this work. Again the cable is going to be pinched on hard plastic. Spypoint May have gotten me again. While loading the app and getting ready to test this out I realized I will now have 20 batteries out at one site. Let the fun continue. I kinda want to just throw it in the trash.

7967BF02-09DA-4F0A-81A3-CA3E359BD2BE.jpeg
So it works sorta in the Reconyx. I sat it on my kitchen table which has a high volume of kid traffic. It took one black and white burst photo in the last 30 minutes. It should have taken at least 10. I have no clue why it’s almost black and white it’s not low light conditions.

I am really interested in how your Reconyx test turns out. I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed.

I had 2 "bars" when I left mine in the field on a wild game innovations camera. I haven't heard from it so ce - not a good sign. Now I'm 90 minutes away and am not sure if it's going to work at all (until my next trip for troubleshooting).

That stinks because I know it was working (albeit on a different camera). I did my testing at home in hopes that I wouldn't be in this situation right now... Oh well. I'm still on the free plan. The camera that I put it on had about 1,000 photos in a month so not having heard from it in 6 hours isn't a good sign. I'll remain patiently optimistic (until tomorrow).

In the manual it says delays on the camera need to be set to atleast 1 minute. And time lapse needs to be set to atleast one minute. That would make me think burst mode wouldn’t work great.

I finally got my 2 delivered. I’ll mess around with it. I have an exodus trail camera that I really like. I wouldn’t mind seeing if it’ll work with that. I got some older cams that probably would do the trick too. I’m bummed about the delay settings. I haven’t had great luck with spypoint products so hopefully the kinks can be worked out.

i fully anticipate competing manufacturers writing firmware code so that this wont work with their cameras, no manufacturer wants to deal with cs questions about another manufacturers product and that is what will happen with this product.

i fully anticipate competing manufacturers writing firmware code so that this wont work with their cameras, no manufacturer wants to deal with cs questions about another manufacturers product and that is what will happen with this product.
Yeah for sure... just won’t update the firmware on the cams. Eventually it’ll get phased out once the cameras breakdown.

So I hooked mine up with a cuddeback j series cam. Because I had one close by to test out. It does seem like it works. What I noticed... I have mine set to send 6 times a day. I had 15 second delay set on cam and the images seem to have come over. Although the first image was sent right away. I think by default. My settings then were set to transmit at 2:00am. I sent an update to change that to 4:00. That sent over all remaining images. I’d guess that would have happened at 4:00. I think having it set to send x times a day might be better than each detection. Given the time taken to send the images. I’m assuming that though. Maybe it just sends everything available at each detection too.

it’s a neat concept I’ll have uses for. I don’t care for the cable sticking out of the cameras though. And it’s a little more bulky than one would think. I almost couldn’t latch the j series cam. If you could, I would run the cable out the bottom. Otherwise it’ll catch water and an entry point for bugs. I would also consider using electrical tap to try an reseal the camera.