LP3P606NT Storage tips Please

WKyGasDoc

5 year old buck +
So I am asking for any tips after planting with this drill , when we put it up until next planting. The few I have read discovered

1. Empty seed bins : this is easy when I looked at it yesterday I realized I have some small seed in the small seed “Wheels” prior to dropping in the tubes and its off the tractor now so I can’t lift up and rotate the drive.

2. Disconnect the rubber seed tubes from the metal tubes to prevent stretch
3. Plug the metal seed tubes with rubber stoppers to prevent spider webs (saw this on this site, forget the clever fellow name that thought of that

Any other reCommendations ?

Thanks to everyone and hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving!!

I use a shop vac to get the seed out. work the lever on the seed size box to get it to drop all the remaining seed. In 10 years I've never removed the rubber seed tubes.

Keep equipment under a roof. Especially if it has moving parts.

I removed some of the small seed tubes and it was a mistake. They stretched from gravity, then when attached they had a large bow, kink in them. I would leave them alone.

It’s in a barn , wish I got all seed out.

Well said here.

We cleaned all the seed out, parked it in a dirt floor barn but got it up off the ground on a couple pallets. First year storing it like that here too... Hope it does well.

Is under cover good enough for most implements? Our firminator currently sits in our machine shed on plywood on concrete. Would not mind moving it to under the lean to on the side of the shed. It would sit on dirt but could sit on plywood on dirt until the plywood rots any ways.

You can take a rag with used motor oil and wipe down bare metal parts. Not familiar with the specific drill, but fertilizer bins should be cleaned out. Wash anything coated with fertilizer. They're basically rock salt to metal. Seed tubes, just blow out with compressed air before using next season. Make sure rubber parts dont see any sun either.