Lost buck is back

B

bat man

My 10 year old hit a buck second day of bow season last year and we followed good blood but lost it at the swamp edge. I was cleaning some cards and found these pics. Pretty certain its him and we will be seeing him again this fall.IMG_0150.JPG IMG_0151.JPG IMG_0203.JPG IMG_0205.JPG IMG_0212.JPG IMG_0213.JPG

Man that shot had to nearly nick a lung.

Lucky critter.

Wow, that's a remarkable recovery. Couldn't have missed vitals by much. Hope you get to dress him and take a closer look this fall.

Hard to believe that wasnt a fatal hit.

They are tough critters for sure.

Is that the hit that half of hunters swears happens and the other half say it cannot happen? Below the backbone and above the lungs???

That theory has been argued many times. There is no major void in a deers body below the spine.
Do people walk around with a big open gap up around our shoulders? No.....

upload_2015-7-8_9-2-35.png

It may not be him but it sure looks like it. Look at the crap Mel Gibson and Bruce Willis lived through. Those dudes could take a dozen arrows for sure. Don't even talk Chuck Norris.

Doesn't there have to be some air space for lung expansion and contraction? I wonder because of the connective tissue between the lungs and rib cage. Maybe the arrow went through at the end of an exhale. Just tossing it out there.

I would have no question it may be him. By the looks of the pics, the entry was back of the exit. Very likely caught the top backside of one lung.
Who knows.
That deer was hit by some projectile.