Let's Lighten Things Up a Bit ... Laughter Can Be Good Medicine

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Gold meme reminded me of a very little known fact in recent US History I researched a few months back, because when I heard it I thought it was an internet lie. I’m at work so instead of re-typing it, I copied my Farcebook post about it. Interesting stuff.

What if the I told you that the US Government decided we shouldn’t have the right to own more than 5 ounces of Gold. What if the US President penned an Executive Order that called you a hoarder and fined you $10,000 (roughly $200,000 today) and/or 10 years in Prison for not surrendering your personal stash of jewelry and Gold bullion over a total of 5 ounces of Gold? Would you suspect corruption if around the same time the government passed a law (The Gold Reserve Act of 1934) that gave the President sole authority to establish the price of Gold only a few months after the surrender period ended? What if the President used his new found power chose to increase the price of Gold from $20.67/ounce to $35/ounce RIGHT AFTER they just forced everyone in the country to turn theirs in to the government for current market value at the time of $20.67 per ounce?

Executive Order 6102 signed by FDR that took effect on April 5th 1933 under the authority of the “Trading with the enemy Act of 1917” gave all US citizens less than a month (April 5th to May 1st 1933) to surrender any Gold they owned over 5 ounces. In all fairness there were a few exemptions to this law, Jewelers, Gold dental work and collectible Gold coins with numismatic value (collectors) are the main exceptions. Basically all private ownership of gold by us common citizens was deemed a criminal offense.
Who really was the criminal? This Executive Order was in effect for 41 years until 1974 when President Gerald Ford re-legalized private ownership of Gold by US Citizens.

It’s worth researching if you were like me and had absolutely no idea this happened :)

Last edited:
Great point on changing the voting laws, after Biden (supposedly) got 81 million votes. The 2000 mules video is stirring up the “no evidence of voter fraud theory”.

Great point on changing the voting laws, after Biden (supposedly) got 81 million votes. The 2000 mules video is stirring up the “no evidence of voter fraud theory”.
Everyone with half a brain knew the election was fraudulent should be interesting to watch the political gymnastics and fake news organizations spin this one in the coming days and weeks.

273024361_3204857703067341_6826834252484738268_n.jpg

If Buffalo builds a dome they can use that sight also :emoji_no_mouth:

Atlanta would be another place and we have a new dome already.

Status
Not open for further replies.