Land pride ps1752 Seeder

Garrett S

5 year old buck +
My dad just picked one of these up .... anyone ever used one for seeding plots?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Videos, links, pics ... we are visual and you need to entertain us ... :emoji_sunglasses:

Haha. I get it I get it.

The one he bought hasn’t shipped yet- apparently he got a good deal with some online auction.

https://www.landpride.com/products/143/ps15-series-primary-seeders

Link above. It says it does clovers. Our main plantings are clovers, chicory and brassicas. Some rye and oats (broadcast or hand spread) and a little Cir switch.

Western NY some rocks but loamy often on the damp er side of moisture spectrum. Old fallow (crp and crAp, native warm season grass choked)fields that have set for 5-35 years.

High hopes for spraying and using this thing. Just wondered who has experience with one.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a PS1572 and just planted Buckwheat, Oats and Rye this past weekend to help build some soils. It works well enough to get the seed spread evenly onto worked soil and presses it into the dirt with the cultipacker. I used it last year planting clover and it did great. A few draw backs are oats for example, need to be covered with dirt. I went back and used a drag harrow to cover everything up. My other complaint about the seeder is the seed tray is flat, therefor seed piles up between the seed cups. I wish this was angled towards the openings or you'll probably need to make a funnel of sorts. I end up using the seed as my cultipacker in a lot of instances. Hope this helps.