Land Plan Recommendations Needed

South side of meadow dam road is where I hunted yesterday. Using aerial photos it's pretty easy to find recently logged areas in those huge public areas. I saw 5 does and fawns while grouse hunting there. I think the no doe permits on public land have really helped out up there. Two years ago there were very few deer tracks, but now the deer sign is decent.

How do you cook those grouse?
We fillet the breadt and legs, cut them into strips, coat them in shore lunch and fry them up into grouse nuggets. They are awesome that way. Grouse are really good though, so they can be cooked any way you would cook a chicken. I prefer grouse over any other type of wild game.

From what I could see it looked like you had some older trees on your land. It would be nice if you could cut part of it one year and another portion or two in a decade or two. At least that would be nice as far as hunting goes since different age groups for trees is best for long term hunting. Loggers would prefer to do it all at once I would guess though. I only have maybe 20 acres of high woods total and half of that was logged around 2003, so there isn't much I can do with it. But I've been planting a lot of trees on field edges to add a little diversity.