Land for sale

Chainsaw

5 year old buck +
It’s time to sell some land. I’m listing 74 acres of my 605 acres In Ellisburg,New York. Bordered by 2 streets, Woodpecker and Torrey Hill. Tax accessor has it divided as 10 acres pasture, 20 acres tillable, 34 acres wasteland and 11 acres woodland. This is zoned AG. Pasture and tillable is overgrown and wooded. Beautiful stand of maple trees. One nice brook running through and 1 drainage brook. I have included 2 maps: the tax map with boundary lines (see 118.00-1-36) and a google map which shows off the current state of the property. The parcels on the left are me and the small parcels towards the bottom are neighbors that are mostly under control.
As you know I am all about habitat. There are apple and pear trees on the property. Boundary lines are well marked. Part of it has been logged and there is more to be done should the future owner want to. The south boundary has a road suitable for a UTV.
Taken some big bucks off this parcel. It’s now somebody else’s turn. If you have any questions PM me.
Asking $150,000.

Attachments

• D70BFB54-2A59-4F9F-BFCC-13D5BF126BC8.jpeg
    D70BFB54-2A59-4F9F-BFCC-13D5BF126BC8.jpeg
    368.3 KB · Views: 102
  • 18A71647-839D-4A01-99E3-3029A1EA497C.jpeg
    18A71647-839D-4A01-99E3-3029A1EA497C.jpeg
    291.3 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
You forgot, it comes with a good neighbor. That’s alway a plus.

Looks like a great property Chainsaw ... with a great habitat manager & fruit tree expert next door!

Awesome property and deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good luck with the sale. I agree with what the others have said. I can't believe it didn't sell yesterday.

Ellisburg is where we used to do the last 4 days of September early hunt using last years leftover tags. The first 5 years we stayed at the State Park (Southwick Beach if memory serves) to your west right on Lake Ontario camping in tents, that was rough with the crazy storms in the fall coming off the lake! After 5 years of that we started going to off prime season camp rentals right in Henderson Harbor that only doubled the cost but added cable tv, refrigerator, a real roof overhead and comfy bed. Priceless lol A farmer by the last name of Eastman was who gave me permission, he is around route 3 and 193 area. We made a lot of great memories there for what was intended as a warm up/practice round for our Southern Zone deer season.

Great area for deer hunting bud! You are definitely in the snow belt but have great deer numbers considering the lower numbers to your east in the Catskills, we always took a few deer every year and rarely had an empty watch. I don't think you will have any problems selling it, especially in this buyers market and you listing at a very reasonable price considering the work you put in.

Last edited:
Why is land so reasonable in that area? I would think it would be the opposite?

One of the best hunts I’ve ever had was on that parcel. Guided by Chainsaw, I harvested a doe from the ground in the last minutes of the last day of the season. Great deer habitat, very generous man. Good luck with the sale Dave.
Rusty

Good luck with the sale Dave.

Good luck!

Hopefully whoever buys the place has a passion for habitat also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does it come with the hutning rights for the remaining 605 acres? :emoji_smirk:

Just kidding, sounds like a hell of a deal, if I wasnt so far away, I would be all over it!

Why is land so reasonable in that area? I would think it would be the opposite?
I was thinking the same.

Looks like a lot of fun with some nice road frontage and access. You're 7 hours from me. Hope it sells quickly and you get a good neighbor next door! Don't forget to consider that when picking who buys it.