LaCrosse Alphaburly Pro or Muck Arctic Pro

tooln

5 year old buck +
It's not that time of year yet but sales are coming soon. Looking for a new pair of boot for this winter. Any suggestion or comments on either of these? Thanks

I personally have had issue with Lacrosse products lately. I Went thru 2 pair of boots in about a year and a half due to leaks. My son has a pair of mucks that have lasted him a few years and I am going the muck route as well. The Lacrosse I had leaked within 6 months the first time and they replaced them, the replacement pair leaked after about 8 or 9 months, but Lacrosse told me the warranty only applied to the original purchase so they would not replace the second pair. For what they cost they should last more than a year and they didn't. I won't go back to Lacrosse - at least not for a rubber boot. I really like them, but wet feet when it's cold out is not a good idea!

It's not that time of year yet but sales are coming soon. Looking for a new pair of boot for this winter. Any suggestion or comments on either of these? Thanks

I have the Muck Artic Pro boots. They are nice but not as warm as I expected. Also the 1st time I wore then I was walking in deep snow and tore them when a stick under snow poked them. I was able to patch with the stuff you use for neoprene waders. They also run a little smaller in size than Lacrosse boots.

Most places I hunt, I have to walk through some muck or water so I use mostly use knee high rubber boots. While I have not tried the Alpha's, I did get the Arctic Pro's 2 winters ago (previously wore Lacrosse). The big difference for me has been the fit. The Arctic's fit SO much better than Lacrosse. I can slip them on and off with ease, no more prying my boots off, needing to kick the heels to get them off my foot. Of course, they are warm as well. As warm as rubber boots can be. But the comfort and ease factors are the biggest difference makers for me.

I keep using La Crosse but I have a hard time not having one rip open after a season but then I'm harder on my gear than the average guy. I'm sure I will get another pair this next week.

I'm in the market for some rubber boots. I'm leaning towards Muck but looking for input.

Tooln what did you end up with?

I'm in the market for some rubber boots. I'm leaning towards Muck but looking for input.

Tooln what did you end up with?

I ended up with the LaCrosse Alphaburly Pro. The wife and I each got a pair last fall. Her feet get cold really fast and never had a problem last year. We both like the fit and they are easy on and off. Her only complaint is it make's her feet look big. We also found them to be comfortable.

I have been wearing Bogs for about 6yrs. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I have had to have a couple pair replaced due to leaking at high flex point spots. The guy that sells them replaces them immediately, no questions asked, as long as it is material or workmanship defect. I am very happy with them. I am in boots almost every day of the year. Missed this tread earlier.

I have been wearing Bogs for about 6yrs. They have a 100% satisfaction guarantee. I have had to have a couple pair replaced due to leaking at high flex point spots. The guy that sells them replaces them immediately, no questions asked, as long as it is material or workmanship defect. I am very happy with them. I am in boots almost every day of the year. Missed this tread earlier.

Thanks, my father wears bogs as well but he just got them not too long ago. Good feedback. Thanks

I think I am done wearing Lacrosse Alphaburly boots. I've had 3 or 4 pairs the last 10 or 15 years and the quality just isn't there anymore. My latest pair is dry rotting out and I've worn them sparingly the last year or two.

I think I am done wearing Lacrosse Alphaburly boots. I've had 3 or 4 pairs the last 10 or 15 years and the quality just isn't there anymore. My latest pair is dry rotting out and I've worn them sparingly the last year or two.
That's why I quit buying the Lacrosse brand too (not just the Alpha's). Pretty happy (still) with the Muck Arctic Pro's. I got my oldest son a pair as well and if your kids go through boots like mine, then saying that they've held up to him so far is saying a lot. He's in the woods a lot and probably wears them more than he does anything else.

I got me a pair of Muck's (wetland's) and love them so far - now I have not used them hunting yet, but they have been very comfortable and warm when working this winter and spring thus far. I'm done with Lacrosse.

I have Mucks and don't have any issues with them other then I wish I would of bought them one size smaller.

I have heard a lot of complaints about the Lacrosse boots and waders lately also. They are not the boots they used to be. I bought mucks because of this. I have been really happy with them. My son has a pair of boggs,seem like good boots too.

Good topic I almost pulled the trigger on a pair of Boggs that were left over from fall the other day. I just didnt know that much about Boggs and their quality . I think I may have to go back and get a pair after these reviews.