Kansas lawmakers threaten wildlife department funding

I would never test a deer if not required to.In western US where it all started I doubt if anyone ever fed deer or elk unless it was a winte3r feeding program,which last I heard they still do.I don't really care which way they go on the feeding in Kansas but it is just flat out wrong to use your postion to threaten another department under your appointment.The governor should have already stepped in.

ALL politicians are self-serving and corrupt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As are all government agencies corrupt so watching our elected officials demanding some accountability from said bureaucrats doesn’t look like a bad thing to me. If fact it sort of looks like maybe our elected officials are attempting to actually do their jobs for a change.

I was thinking that maybe we had discussed this previously on here, but it could have been somewhere else. I watched one of their propaganda videos that they released last Fall. The issue aside which in my mind simply comes down to those who produce and sell wildlife "feed" to those who capitalize on it to increase the harvest on their pay to hunt operations. There is no benefit to supplemental feeding of deer or wildlife in my opinion outside of a emergency situation. But that is simply my opinion. The latest thing I have seen is that they are claiming that commissioners on the game and fish commission are hand selected non hunters that have been put on the board. I need to research more on how they are appointed. I will say that I feel any commissioner who is appointed MUST show proof that they have held a hunting, fishing, trapping or state park permit for a minimum of 10 consecutive years prior to being nominated. There have been states where random anti-hunting, environmental wackos have been appointed and caused major issues. I also FIRMLY believe that commissioners should ONLY have the capacity to vote on and approve regulations that qualified agency personnel have put before them. We hire and hopefully have vetted our biologists to do what is best in terms of the wildlife and the consumer groups that fund the departments.

With these two it's simply trying to prop up their outfitter businesses. If they can't bait they can't put NR's on 125 inchers every weekend. It would be much harder for them to rape the local resources for their own benefit.

As are all government agencies corrupt so watching our elected officials demanding some accountability from said bureaucrats doesn’t look like a bad thing to me. If fact it sort of looks like maybe our elected officials are attempting to actually do their jobs for a change.
Not all government agencies are bad. I'd trust Kansas Wildlife and Parks over these two politicians any day of the week. They are going to screw up this state and soon we'll be like Missouri and hunt the rut and shoot multiple bucks😡

Not all government agencies are bad. I'd trust Kansas Wildlife and Parks over these two politicians any day of the week. They are going to screw up this state and soon we'll be like Missouri and hunt the rut and shoot multiple bucks😡
Exactly. If they would have both come out and said listen, to do away with baiting is going to hurt my bottom line income wise I could have at least respected the fact that they were being honest. When they try to blow smoke up my ass with all of the other baseless BS they are trying to scare us with I don't have any respect for them. The one video I watched actually had a young girl (maybe 10-12 years) old setting in a side by side with one of the talking mouths claiming that she wont ever get into hunting if she cant shoot a deer over a bait pile, she has to see lots of deer for her to be interested in hunting them. We must have baiting for the CHILDREN!

I don’t particularly care about baiting but you seem quite emotionally invested in this subject as though how do they say it when up to nefarious activity, “the science is settled “ and the benevolence of government agencies run flawlessly with zero waste fraud and abuse. I must be living in a diffrent country or something because none of that seems true in me experience.

Last edited:
I watched this committee meeting on youtube today and it was pathetic. Poorly written and half of the members didn't even know the current law, let alone what this one meant. The few that stand to gain from it sure didn't correct the inaccuracies of speakers.
The people against the bill were well spoken, well dressed and were from KDWP, several hunting organizations and a couple public land hunters. They had reasonable, science based arguments against the bill.
The two that were for it were landowners that were clueless. One landowner argued that his non-resident kids couldn't draw a tag and hunt even though those tags are available as Special Hunt Own Land tags for way cheaper than a non-resident tag . The other basically said there were too many deer and he'd see 25-100 deer on his wheat field every evening. Of course he had never applied for a depredation permit either.
One of the committee members basically said the WIHA land was worthless and if you weren't the first one or two guys to hunt it you would never see anything. He said if you want to hunt you should go knock on farmers doors and get permission-lol.
Anyway, what a frustrating way to waste 2 hours. If this bill passes it will ruin Kansas as we know it. I could go on and on and on...

b11, These guys threatened to bankrupt the w&P if they supported ending feeding of deer.That clearly is not their job to get even that way.They just like anyone else should lobby and try to gain the support to pass the bill instead basically saying if you don't play by my rules Im going to get even. I feed corn and mixed feed and I really don't believe that feeding is a big issue in CWD as I watch enough deer to see how much they socialize in the wild. In turn I would never support defunding W&P anymore than supporting defunding law enforcement or fire.This could effect everything from Hunter Ed to the entire future of deer hunting in Kansas. It's clear that they don't care about the state or it's citizens and only their outfitting business.

I don’t care why they are doing it. I could get by quite well with very very much less government of any sort as far as I’m concerned the only thing we need is basic law enforcement, basic national defense and a decent road system the rest is all fraud waste and abuse of our tax dollars. As far as Hunter Education goes that is in itself a government construct certainly nothing we need at all.

I don’t care why they are doing it. I could get by quite well with very very much less government of any sort as far as I’m concerned the only thing we need is basic law enforcement, basic national defense and a decent road system the rest is all fraud waste and abuse of our tax dollars. As far as Hunter Education goes that is in itself a government construct certainly nothing we need at all.

I don't even know how to respond to what you said.By your thinking we don't need fire or EMS and no other rules.Really are you out of your mind sounds like some of the crazies that were shouting to defund the police until they needed them. Really and then doing away with Hunter Ed. Just makes no sense at all

Many people are institutionalized I will not hold it against you.

Are you from US?I hope you are your family never needs to services you want to defund.The government has it's problems but it's still the best country in the world by you being able to say what you want proves it.

Have the veterans plates to prove my loyalty to our county. I do not however think my skepticism of our current state of bloated out of control government equates to disloyalty to our county and in fact a strong suspicion of government is what this county was founded on oh snap there I go thinking for myself again.

Thanks for your service,however thinking for yourself has nothing to do with protecting and the safety of our citizens

That brings to mind a quote from Benjamin Franklin

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety”

That brings to mind a quote from Benjamin Franklin

“Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety”
Ahhh, but Mr. Franklin didn't have to worry about corporations like 3m, DuPont, Olin and others polluting his air, water and land for the gain of the almighty dollar.

What liberties do I give up to have a few government agencies help regulate which and how much chemicals end up in my water, air and soil. Everyone on this forum knows that the industries, pick whichever one you want, aren't self regulated and can't be trusted to have our well being their first priority.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't like a bunch of the agencies either but some of them are necessary evils.

I don't know which branch you served in or when you served, but I'm guessing you could tell stories, as I can, about the hazards you were unknowingly exposed to while serving your country. The military doesn't have to abide by OSHA regulations while it's members defend the liberties afforded them by the constitution.