Just had some trees delivered from Gilby's Nursery in Aitkin MN

Hoytvectrix

5 year old buck +
sH37dRZ1HuOG0tIX59GCVxj-HXE5428pHihzPOnkOrrTNk3ULHcitGDPrcVeFfe0rtqI1VDCvF4xJg4V68Dj2csjldBLX_2EoaPSnDZ-wSnRW5MRjEuGbQ3DPAD931w4bBZHFGaQQgSHZmoXPqIY1NVZb0vuIP80AyOjxk2M0WJtnNkRjkXAl3BnuzujJRw3YKw7hK4WjQg6k8yjwbzuFgrxabj_-vV3I7M54hwZaQSH9JGMRV1ufcWsuhhkZzbPhWR5UIj2NyTd52c7eWjsWBvdG8rcn6GxIU3ozg543u49nDeJ19Wa0xn_b_g7lqhTj3mHcd1VrpK-m70BF7UyIf0-GnopCEn3qrLHStPqEPt28noWer6190MqLeiEh4j7gHLSU3hRK7FE2ZScnE174-4-Or-KBUy9a1v4TAt_hJ-ppDjV5p3xpHuPe8NpyyzZjLbgWhTFAFnN89M5YyI8NoDNJN-zc945Ay5TzmCEtNVDO26Wv_o8cGVX0fL_rR_TWo8oNyIXjTgepT8ucwZ1a3ym_wbbPsweU-vsPdwqikl7c2WiaoqPJ0KqFVxLI3yW8sL5lsehg-Eh6wjEAbrbdTWeRwmODLe3d6UmEgjZA-LxEH2UWSCkbN7Gj6r0ziNufPCkErkWBjOp3irzukyle6Z8s_uHF-d5V-h28hUofA8LiSG8_XAm_Y1PcAVH9iN9KDQto844_H3HZOSgNRbol7RPBp3lJ9Fp0uyuEfwfkYjBSC981D0rbcyH62Y17s_UJDsUDC4VZuHtIPQwJP6vIFvx5e35kFZKpOU=w493-h875-no

Price was $30/tree for 4-5' whips (as seen above). I ordered 2 'Triumph', 1 'Zestar', and 1 'FireStorm Honeycrisp'. The roots on them are pretty impressive. I probably would have preferred them to ship with a little more moisture/sawdust, but they probably knew it was only about 2 hours from the nursery. The real reason I placed the order is that I wanted to try the 'Triumph' cultivar and couldn't say no to a couple more trees for the shipping costs.

I haven't seen anyone else mention them on here and thought I would drop a quick review. So far, I would probably use them again.

How is the Firestorm different from regular Honeycrisp?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How is the Firestorm different from regular Honeycrisp?

"Firestorm™ BAB2000 cv. is a highly colored red strain of Honeycrisp.

Honeycrisp, bred by the University of Minnesota, has quickly become a consumer favorite, providing a unique flavor and texture.

Firestorm™ retains all of the characteristics of the standard Honeycrisp with the addition of improved coloration."

I just thought it would be fun to try something different. I hadn't heard of it before, either.

Just a highly colored sport of HC

I’ve stopped there . If it was closer I’d order more trees from them. Nice place !

I’ve stopped there . If it was closer I’d order more trees from them. Nice place !

For a year or so they had a Browerville/Clarissa branch but I don’t see it mentioned anymore. I believe it was some relative.

How much was shipping?

Obviously that's going to depend on how far you would need to shipped, but for me it was $39.

Seems like there is a new strain/cultivar of Honeycrisp coming out all the time. Personally, I have never been a big fan of the variety, might be better picked at its peak right off the tree, but the ones I have eaten from a grocery store have never wowed me.

The triumph they have is tempting, they didn't have any on standard rootstock but i thought about getting a dwarf one for the yard.

Sounds like another good option!

The triumph they have is tempting, they didn't have any on standard rootstock but i thought about getting a dwarf one for the yard.

Sounds like another good option!
It's the only reason I have even heard of this nursery. I will probably make a separate post at some point to update everyone with how the Triumph grows.