Junk Removal Services

Wind Gypsy

5 year old buck +
Saw this property come up for sale. IMO the land/shop alone appear to be worth the asking price. Problems include a house in need of serious repairs and the junkyard that exists there. I'm curious if there are services that would come clear out all the cars and junk for free due to the scrap value?

junkyard.png

The house is a whole nother deal.. if not terrible there could be good flip potential, but also has potential for a complete teardown. Not crazy serious about looking into this one but mainly trying to learn for the future

https://www.edinarealty.com/homes-for-sale/1038-130th-avenue-ogilvie-mn-56358-6220442

Our local scrapyard pays for junk cars and comes and gets them. Within a reasonable distance anyway. I googled and saw a few auto salvage yards nearby. I think you could probably make a deal. You could reach out ahead of time and see if there was interest. Might even be able to get a bit of cash back. It blows my mind that, that property is only $150K.

Our local scrapyard pays for junk cars and comes and gets them. Within a reasonable distance anyway. I googled and saw a few auto salvage yards nearby. I think you could probably make a deal. You could reach out ahead of time and see if there was interest. Might even be able to get a bit of cash back. It blows my mind that, that property is only $150K.

That house must be a disaster. Meth lab or something..

That's possible. Could tear it down and put a modular on it? Kind of looks like that's what it might be anyway?

Be aware of junk that is not metal. Tires and fiberglass boats for instance u will pay to get rid of

Might have a lien against it also. Going to be a lot more things being taken back by the banks for default---we are just getting started in this downward spiral.

its probably a epa contaminated site, which means you probably wouldn't be able to finance. If you had the machinery and put the time and effort your could probably make money selling the scrap.

not sure where your at, but in my area there are tons of folks that collect scrap and even PAY for being allowed to come take it, so, yeah, pending where your at there are FREE services as well as some that will even Pay you a percentage or flat fee for it all

check out your local Craigslist, news paper classifieds, and Gather Facebook market place,
where you can both check for those that do the service and place an add
scrap metal is at a high price right now, could be a bunch of money there, all the more so if anything is of value, be surprised what old things have vale these days

I am not sure, but I'd probably ask the realtor. I googled and found this and nothing came up.

Scrapping cars without titles may not be so easy to do.

Scrapping cars without titles may not be so easy to do.
Never considered that to be an issue? I'd think that with some pictures and a bill of sale at time of closing you could "get by"......but just a hunch on my part. Worth asking an attorney (or maybe a scrap yard) before you'd go down that rabbit hole.

I's do a water test on the well. If there are issues there, you will have other issues. Most buyers are going to test the well and do a soil test especially on rural properties.

The other question is, with skyrocketing metal costs these days, why has the owner not already sold the vehicles for scrap$$?

The other question is, with skyrocketing metal costs these days, why has the owner not already sold the vehicles for scrap$$?

It's a good question and there may be a logical answer. That said, my gut is that the answer is also likely to align with the reasons why someone let a property get to such a sad state at all, I.E. they dont have their poop together.

A little snooping suggests the property was purchased in the 90s by a couple and sold to a man with the same last name as the couple in 2016. Man who bought in 2016 was born in 93. Sounds like parents sold to a kid. Either it was a shithole then and the kid grew up there and continued on or it became one quickly over the last 6 years.

Barring any significant red flags that place looks like a bargain given the current market. A few months of clean up and elbow grease and you'll have yourself a really nice place for a very reasonable amount of money.

a lot of rural property is like this in many places, older owners were hoarders , due to stores were far away and money was tight for them, so they refused to get rid of anything, they bought junk vehicles as that was what they could afford, and when one died, they parked it,a s it most likely wasn;t worth anything, and they repeated this over and over
many KIDS from parents like this, go down the same road, if they never moved away to get a better paying job or education
its not all a RED FLAG IMO
as for the land being contaminated , the local authorities would the people I would ask about that, as if it was deemed condemned it would effect them and there town and how the feds treat them for allowing it to happen, so they would know

as for selling vehicles without titles, that most times varies by STATE and what rules they have, I would call a local junk yard that deals with junk vehicles and ask them, most will know as they BUY them for a living
and they might even be willing to come check out property and give you a price ion what they would charge to haul all it away, as many either haul away, or know locals that scrap and sell to them

like it or not, a LOT of rural and older generations of folks, never mad much $$< they bought l;and when it was cheap and still had long loans on it, or inherited it from family, and are what I call LAND rich at times, but cash poor, as in NO real money or savings or investments
they lived and worked the farm or lands, and just made ends meet, there wasn't the planning as to HOW they would get by when they got old, they sort of just counted on there kids taking care of them,, as they took care of there parents
then realty kicks in, and kids move, and they find out social security doesn;t cut it much
and that JUNK pile, gets bigger, as they keep buying more junk as its all they can afford!

I know tons of older farmers that live this way, heck I know many that NEVER paid a trash fee in there lives, everything went OUT BACK< into a pit , a pile , or burned what they could, metal every where
they never SOLD it as SCRAP< as to them it wasn't scrap, it was things they BOUGHT, and they cannot break free to see it go! they feel attached to it, cause they spent there hard earned money on it, which at times was a LOT of money to them, so they don;t see it as trash, but as items they wanted and MAYBE some day will need a part off of or use for something else!
different ways to see a property like this and WHY it got that way, its not all drug related or folks just being slobs or low life's

yes it sure can be, but I wouldn;t say it is, till I knew more

100 junk cars 2 tons each $150 a ton $300 each x100=$30,000 in scrap 1/2 if you have a scrapper haul it off and split money. $15,000 in your pocket.

^ Most of Arkansas is like that place. lol

Not to hijack this but I have some properties near my place in western ky where there are literal trails through trash to get to the front door. Once you get to the front porch there is trash bags piled up, torn apart from porch dogs. This place looks like a dream for some the slobs by me.