Jump-starting succession in a field with brush piles?

You have some sort of flow to the piles? Lets say you change your mind, or it's starting to get too tall. You have lanes you can bush hog every few years. Keep rows of brush, but can mow a bit in there and cut down stuff getting too tall.

I find it's good to kinda survery what you want to do. Put some sticks and surveryors tape to rough in what you have in mind. I do that with my little food plots spots up north. I find it handy, expecially when you limited to mostly manual labor. Just can't push it over 20 feet in a minute like a tractor bucket could.

On our property, most of the new growth would be autumn olive and stilt grass. I’d have to plant a few desirable things and spray to control the others for a few years.

On our property, most of the new growth would be autumn olive and stilt grass. I’d have to plant a few desirable things and spray to control the others for a few years.
I’m most worried about the bush honeysuckle but we do have some autumn olive around too..I’ll keep an eye on it (it’s right above my house and my little guy loves to go up there) and if i start seeing some undesirable species popping up I can h it but with gly..