Jointvetch

Smelly buck

A good 3 year old buck
Is there any benefit wo waiting later in the summer to plant vointvetch. I'm in N/W FL on a wet site and will be planting Vointvetch and Alsike clover. I'm hearing to plant from the first of Apr to the end of June. Last year I grew a good stand of Buckwheat in the summer but was unsuccessful with the fall plots do to flooding.

did you mean jointvetch?

i have read that it can be planted in april/may and usually in a mixture with alyce clover and cowpeas

I seem to recall articles in quality whitetails a few years ago

bill

Yeah, I don't know why I spelled that wrong. I did read the right up in QDMA
Thanks

In La I plant joint vetch first of May. It is a warm weather plant that generally doesn’t germinate till later than most other summer cultivars. I’m a big fan of vetch and find it to be highly preferred. When mixed I usually add alyce clover as the growth habits of both are similar

Is there any benefit wo waiting later in the summer to plant vointvetch. I'm in N/W FL on a wet site and will be planting Vointvetch and Alsike clover. I'm hearing to plant from the first of Apr to the end of June. Last year I grew a good stand of Buckwheat in the summer but was unsuccessful with the fall plots do to flooding.

Anytime you wait to plant a second seed source, you are dealing with shading from the 1st seed that has bloomed. Both do well in low fertility soil, but you are creating competition.

If it was described on QDMA, you are following a commercial magazine article ....

Why plant both?

Anytime you wait to plant a second seed source, you are dealing with shading from the 1st seed that has bloomed. Both do well in low fertility soil, but you are creating competition.

If it was described on QDMA, you are following a commercial magazine article ....

Why plant both?

I keep this in mind when reading all articles from the glossy mags

Although some are occasionally enjoyable, I much prefer the rough and tumble arena of ideas of the forum

bill