All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is your safe safe?

John-W-WI

Administrator
I had no idea, you can open a sentry safe in less than 5 seconds with a magnet:

That's pretty crazy. I wonder if it's easy to buy one of those rare earth magnets?

I have told this story to many people. I worked at a scheels store.. OMGosh. 20+ years ago?? Someone locked the keys or lost the code in a browning safe, two of them. Browning said call a locksmith and they will open for you. So the locksmith came in as he had to be there before the store opened and he needed two people at the store. I came in early with the store manager. The locksmith showed up on time. We showed him the safes. He said I need you to verify there are no cameras pointed at me in the store and all were shut off. The manager said, I am a little nervous turning off my security system and the locksmith said I am bonded and you may search me when I leave. Store manager agreed. The locksmith walked us up to the managers office and looked if we could see him from that vantage point. The locksmith said wait here. I started talking to the manager and made small talk. All of the sudden the locksmith was behind us. Ahhh can we help you. He said.. I am done. It was no less than 2 minutes!!!!! We didn't believe him and we rushed ahead of him and sure as god made green apples they were open. I will never forget it as long as I live. We never searched him and he had the biggest grin on his face I have ever seen. I was blown away to this day. My guess is that he used the magnets after seeing this or a pass key.

That's pretty crazy. I wonder if it's easy to buy one of those rare earth magnets?

Look like they are easy to find online. The magnets from computer hard drives are smaller, but stupid strong too. Wonder if they would work.

It's hard to believe that in today's world a company would sell the public a pig-in-a poke !! :rolleyes: ( old saying - some may not know it means " you've been ripped off " ). :mad:

Wow, I have one of those for paperwork.

Wonder how easy my Liberty safe would be?

Always install those safes in your home that can't get broken easily and a locksmith can help to install the best security safes.

The dead walk!

I don't have electronic safes. Only code or key.

Bought my Liberty safe in 2012. Couldn't decide between the electronic keypad or the old fashion spin the dial manual. Went with the spin the dial version and often wondered if I'd done the right thing as I have to have my readers on to see the dial. After seeing this, kinda glad I went with the manual deal.

Yep, rare earth magnets can be bought on line.
I've purchased them a few times.
Lots of uses for them.