All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this albino deer a buck or doe?

scoot52

5 year old buck +

Frost seeded yesterday and pulled a cam, look at what showed up, another albino deer, do you think by its size its a buck or doe? the other albino buck was shot two years ago right before the dnr made it illegal to shoot them. I can't wait to get more pics of this deer. Scoot

Hard to be sure but where the neck meets the head it seems stockier than a doe.

So I vote buck.

Hard to be sure but where the neck meets the head it seems stockier than a doe.

So I vote buck.

I'm pretty stuck on this one. The adams apple area, as I like to call it, makes me think a buck, but the snout/nose looks pretty darn long in that first picture... If I had to put a % on it, I'd say 65% a buck, 35% a doe. If you had showed me only the 1st picture, I'd say doe. If you showed only the 2nd, I'd say a buck.

Actually... when I look at that 1st picture and compare the size of it to the doe on the left, I'd say it's a buck. I also don't think you'd have a doe that size without getting a picture of it previously (it would be a pretty solid sized doe... IMO definately 2 years+). So now I'd say 75-85% a buck.

Actually... when I look at that 1st picture and compare the size of it to the doe on the left, I'd say it's a buck. I also don't think you'd have a doe that size without getting a picture of it previously (it would be a pretty solid sized doe... IMO definately 2 years+). So now I'd say 75-85% a buck.

Looked closer. Both pics seem to show stained tarsel glands.

So it's a buck or a piebald

Looked closer. Both pics seem to show stained tarsel glands.

So it's a buck or a piebald
Yessir! I missed those!!!!

Pretty cool reguardless.

Great pictures! Always nice to see pictures like this.

Looks like a buck to me...I agree if it were a doe it would have to be a mature doe and if that were the case you most likely would have seen it previously.

We have any area around that routinely has albino deer. Seems like once those genes show up they tend to stick around the area....especially when it's does.