All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is it just me OR ----

even though I am retired ....did I mention That before guys? Haha. Yes RETIRED and it's awesome. Don't hate me now for that and say I am a u{>|>|!|*|!€|€ please lol

^*#!^**! ...Aero! Keep calm Maya, you only have 4 more years!

I welcome the feedback everyone.

No question, we have much less traffic now days and lost a lot of knowledge.

I'll take a little bit of great everyday over a whole bunch of mediocre.

I come here to enjoy myself. Lately that's been pretty easy to do.

Invite your friends. We'll be just fine.

-John

Is it just me or is the use on this forum way down? Most of the fruit tree guys were always on here and things like scion wood exchange would be booming this time of year. I may be wrong and hope I am! It is a really good group of tree nuts!
Hadn't noticed ;):D.

^*#!^**! ...Aero! Keep calm Maya, you only have 4 more years!
oh cmon you can do it sooner than that !!! I never thought I could retire at 56 but it was sure nice when my financial guy said .....I don't know why you are still working. Just FYI no kids for my wife and I so that's a big big big financial nut I never had to take on.

Agree with everyone, this is the place to be for apple info from true gentlemen...............now don't anybody go getting a big head:D.

Aero/Paul, Just starting my 3rd year of retirement :cool: It's like everyday's a Saturday :). Only problem is it's going too fast :mad:.

Natty, planting 300 trees, moving 12 wild trees, lime, stump removal, etc Are you shooting for a name change to CrazyNatty Bumppo :eek:.
Yes it sure goes by fast but I don't think its retirement causing that but old age LOL :eek:

The problem with a new forum every few months is that it spreads the number of contributors thinner and thinner, so obviously the number of posts is going to go down. Some guys stay and some guys move on, thats the way it has always been. There is no HOLY GRAIL of internet forums.

In terms of scion trades I think most of us have been at it for while now and the varieties that most wildlife people are interested in have been obtained. If somebody has a need for something just post it up I am willing to share as are most of the others on here if we have something we can share.

Got any wickson scions?:rolleyes:

Special Tks then Aero and greyphase for sending me scions!

It's a shame to lose good knowledgable guys. A little rough around the edges yes but dang good guys.. Especially the OL buckchaser an foggy.. Its wearing me out trying to keep up with 3 forums (here, qhmg, an qdma) but got guys I would consider friends at all of them. Oh well
What can you do? Holy grail forum sure be nice! Why can't we just all get along?;)

Last edited:
Wow, I haven't been around in a while due to an illness in the family, and I see this! Not sure why people come and go on these forums, but unfortunately (and sometimes fortunately), they do. Others will come along, and I'm sure (based on the people who have posted on this thread) that there is a good core group of guys remaining. I am eyeballing Grey's list right now, and there are some I am definitely interested in!

Sorry Jordan I dont have any Wickson trees or I would be sending some scion your way!

oh cmon you can do it sooner than that !!! I never thought I could retire at 56 but it was sure nice when my financial guy said .....I don't know why you are still working. Just FYI no kids for my wife and I so that's a big big big financial nut I never had to take on.

I'll work in my orchards 'til I keel over, but I'm just praying my back holds out for another 4 years so I can retire from the PO gracefully. I wiped out Friday in the snow and ice and had to go get some xrays. No new breaks, but my 2 non union ribs decided to move around! Hurt like hell. That's why I wanted to hang out by the woodstove this weekend.

Yup, kids are a killer, but it's fun watching them grow up and finding their own way. My son, got his first big boy job and decided to take the ole man down to the Keys for some diving and a couple football games in Miami this past fall. That's pretty gratifying. Somehow I paid for most of the trip though!

Be careful with that back dude. Yes it's pretty gratifying I imagine when your kids acknowledge in that way. Sounds like you did a great job. I still have nephews who at 30 something are still afraid to pull out the wallet even if it's for a beer lol. Makes me crazy

He still a typical kid. He raids the pantry before he goes home to NH!

[QUOTE="

Yup, kids are a killer, but it's fun watching them grow up and finding their own way. My son, got his first big boy job and decided to take the ole man down to the Keys for some diving and a couple football games in Miami this past fall. That's pretty gratifying. Somehow I paid for most of the trip though![/QUOTE]

Classic.

This forum is quiet between some great folks leaving and me ignoring dipper. LOL.....

X2 with Aero on taking care of your back. 35 years of big construction has taken it's toll on mine. No matter how careful we try to be - it never seems to be enough. Keys: don't bend at the waist to lift a load. Keep back vertical and lift with the legs. Don't want to sound " preachy ", but daily pain makes a believer out of you (me). Careful lifting baskets of apples guys !!! ( or wallets .... as the case may be !!! :D )

Mine is a different back problem than most bows. I've got two non union ribs an inch or two from my spine. Both are broke in two pieces, and crossed! Kind of like stair steps. I've just have to be careful not to fall and puncture a lung....again! I think the jagged edges bumped some muscles or tissue this time....pain in the rear! Ya I've got all kinds of painkillers. Hate to use them, but sometimes I need 'em. Sounds like you've had your share of back pain!

I did get out today and got some trees pruned!

I always I always have a stiff or sore back and I am sure I lift everything wrong but I sure don't want what you have George damn!!!!

Hey WTNUT looks like you woke up the forum with this thread. Nice going :)

Maya - What's a " non-union " rib ?? One that's not connected to the spine ?? Never heard the term !! Sounds painful, though ....... hope you heal / get a remedy.

Aero - Yep ...... I've broken the lifting rules too. Paying for it now. I carried things too heavy for one person, too - manly thing to do !! ( manly spelled - s-t-u-p-i-d ). Back when I was young & dumb !!:(

Let's see, hard to explain. Basically the ribs are broke, and totally out of place and will not heal over. I broke 6 ribs, but 2 broke into two separate pieces. In both cases, the bottom of one side is lying on the top part of the other side. They don't repair ribs, so that's how they are now. I broke 5 vertebrae too!

I'll tell you what, I can't do squat compared to what I used to do. I don't have to worry about lifting wrong, I can't lift sh**!

I'm new to the forum so I can't comment on the number posts / contributers but I will say I really enjoy everyone on here sharing their orchard projects, problems, solutions, and knowledge.

Corey - Don't be shy about sharing your info/experiences. It all goes into the knowledge pile !!