Iowa ML buck this afternoon!

Just for giggles It would be interesting to see what this guys property would sell for.

Lots of folks try to sell their place as "deer paradise" but with proof like that and the neighbors being who they are it would be an interesting situation to watch.

IT's very possible those bucks were resident deer on the 200 acres. I don't doubt these bucks ventured on to Drurys farm but probably got chased back by another set of Giants.

Certain counties in Iowa are different in that deer numbers are high, mature bucks are more common---therefore a mature buck may take hold on a piece of habitat that is only 5-25 acres, with maybe 40 acres being common.

They do roam but really stick to that core area for most of the year.

I would guess Northern Missouri would be the same.

If only I was wise enough to buy land (get my dad to invest in land) in Decatur County while I was in school down there.

Decatur is very very good. If anyone is looking Clarke, Union, Warren, Taylor, Ringgold, Monroe, Wayne, Marion and Lucas in South Central Iowa all have big bucks and good deer populations. There are some pockets that are exceptional and a few areas that deer numbers are down. Most guys that I know in that area, typically get at least one nice mature buck on their farms. Sometimes multiple.