All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Interesting machine

I could see having one of those for ice fishing.

:cool: That looks like a fun toy!

I'd like to see it in the mud.

Intresting idea, battery powered has plenty of pros and cons.

It's like an electric dog sled!

I have been watching this product for a couple of years. I can't wait until it's officially for sale.

How much do they say it is going to cost about?

^^ At first I would imagine pretty steep... Probably going to be hard to argue its price brings more utility than a nice used snowmobile.

^^ At first I would imagine pretty steep... Probably going to be hard to argue its price brings more utility than a nice used snowmobile.
Utility, maybe? I'm pretty sure it will never go 120+ mph though.:eek:;) Apparently I never learned how to use a thumb throttle properly? Back in my racing days, your thumb was either off the throttle or holding it tight to the handlebar grip!?!o_O I never saw a problem, but my wife definitely had an issue with it whenever she rode with me.:confused: :eek: :D

Reactions: kl9
Apparently I never learned how to use a thumb throttle properly? Back in my racing days, your thumb was either off the throttle or holding it tight to the handlebar grip!?!
If you were racing that's the way to go. I did the same thing, WFO racing. Did you do snow cross or drag? I was a drag racer for several years.

Mostly drag racing, tried my hand at snocross a few times, but the races were few and far between in those days and it seemed like drags were everywhere, every weekend. My brother raced a few vintage ovals back in the late 90's with his '76 250 Sno-Twister. I had all I could do to hold the front end down on that little beast during a holeshot. It wasn't much for top end the way we had it geared, but it was the most insane sled I have ever ridden from 0 to 60 mph, bar none! He still kicks himself for selling it, and now he is looking for another one.

I like the idea of the whole thing. Drag a deer, use it in the winter, skid logs, portable generator, it's like a Yooper segway! I am ALL in as soon as they come out. I think it's pretty cool. I don't need to go fast, just another work tool.

on the sled talk!! Some of the old snowmobiles they are pretty neat. My friend had a Rupp 440 magnum and it literally would be like holding on to the tail of a cheetah. Wicked fast at the time! Nowadays the new sleds would just walk the old ones, but I was never really into the speed factor. But, once in a while fun to open it up on the lake. I have a 1990 Arctic Cat Prowler that is in great shape! I personally just installed new shocks and new brake pads and I only have 2000 miles on it. It's a 440 and its not fast at all, but it's hauled plenty of deer out and kids around the farm. I rarely take the thing above 40. I like to look around and enjoy the ride.

Yooper Segway! Freakin hilarious!:D I had a few old Rupp's back in the day and many others. Had a Scorpion that was spooky fast and my little brother had a very fast Chaparral. We were primarily Ski-Doo guys, and had bunches of those along with a few Moto-Ski's. Never did find my vintage "dream machine", looked far and wide for a 1977 Ski-Doo 440 Blizzard. One of the fastest 440cc sleds ever produce out of the factory. I had an '84 9700 Blizzard(which became the red Formula Plus in '85) that was ported and polished, had a custom cut rotary valve, and twin pipes from Aaen Performance in Kenosha and it literally was the fastest machine I had ever rode until my brother bought his '99 670 MXZ-X HO, but that thing was just under 130hp from the factory.:eek: If I remember correctly, the 9700 dyno'd at around 112hp. I can't even begin to count the number of Wildcat 650's and Indy 600's I dusted with that old leaf spring machine. LOL, can you say sleeper...shhhhhh!;)

I still fire up my old Scorpion every winter. Those old sleds are a lot more fun to race through the woods than the new sleds. Can keep the old one pinned and throw your weight around to take any corner. Can't do that with a new sled and it just fun to beat the hot shot with the new sled to the bar on those winding trails.

When I was a kid one of the older teenage boys in the neighborhood had a polaris 440txl. I will never forget in my life as I can remember it like it was yesterday. We were at his parents cottage on Lake Michigan and we were going across the lake and this sled was new at the time. I remember a ROASTING plume of white snow and the sound of being passed by a fighter jet as he went past me like I was in park. I drove it later and it was a rocket ship! I still love the front end look on those 440 or 340 txl's. You don't see many of those around.

Yup, I had a buddy with a TXL 340 as well, fast! I also love the old Yamaha SRX 340/440, crazy quick machines.

My first snowmobile was a Ski Doo Olymipic. You really had to be an acrobat to ride those narrow tracks......and a good mechanic to fix all the problems that came along with those old machines. Also owned a 399 and 440 Ski Doo.

Best old machine for me was an Arctic Cat 340 Jag with cleated track. Could bury it out in the middle of no-where.....and it would literally just "jump" up on top of the fluffy snow. I don't think you could get it stuck if you tried. :)