If you could buy land in any State?

Just don’t drink the water ;)

As beautiful as those bucks are, I can’t see myself hunting in a place with no saw logs. I’m weird like that.
Yea, I appreciate that. I used to hunt Canada a lot. Basically a survival quest for a southern boy. Then after a trip to Canada one year I was on the ranch one evening about a quarter mile from the camp filming a 165" 10 pt in a flannel shirt about 3 pm. Was beautiful comfortable evening. I then realized I AM NEVER GOING BACK TO CANADA AGAIN for whitetails.I'm happy with the compromises I've made. Did have one evening on the ranch this year where in 30 minutes saw two bucks over 200" and another 25" wide 9 Pt with 6" drop about 190. I did have to wear a jacket that evening.

Yea, I appreciate that. I used to hunt Canada a lot. Basically a survival quest for a southern boy. Then after a trip to Canada one year I was on the ranch one evening about a quarter mile from the camp filming a 165" 10 pt in a flannel shirt about 3 pm. Was beautiful comfortable evening. I then realized I AM NEVER GOING BACK TO CANADA AGAIN for whitetails.I'm happy with the compromises I've made. Did have one evening on the ranch this year where in 30 minutes saw two bucks over 200" and another 25" wide 9 Pt with 6" drop about 190. I did have to wear a jacket that evening.
You are the MAN!

63115039219__8EC56B0A-2A39-4908-B674-67A878FB0045.JPG

Heres the problem . I'm home after hunting basically every day since Oct.1 Drinking wine and reflecting on the season. Snuck up on this buck watching him all afternoon.One shouldn't drink and get on the internet

IMG_4960.jpg

Same afternoon saw this buck.Here he is in velvet before the season Perhaps I should have bought land in Waupaca county. Think I should go to bed now.

View recent photos.jpeg

I own the property since 1997. No restrictions, clean title. American around me in northern Coahuila own several hundred thousand acres, all recreational property. Where we are is much safer than when I had an apartment in the French Quarter New Orleans. I've been hunting this area since the 1980's and never seen anyone that didn't belong there. I can elaborate in much greater detail but simply stated I am perfectly safe there bringing my family and friends year round. Would much rather be on the Mexican side of the river than on the river U.S. Thats where all the traffic goes.

Another one from this year

View attachment 33393

You must be in the "safe" zone. Coahuila? Probably more safe if your land is adjaqcent to border in N E Mexico (location of Coahuila)
https://travel.state.gov/content/tr.../traveladvisories/mexico-travel-advisory.html

Last edited:
I’d snatch up a few surrounding parcels in western NC to add to our current 172 acres. Honestly I don’t think I’d want more than350-500 acres total. Managing mountain property is a little different than flat land.

I’ll always be a traveling adventure Bowhunter but owning land far away long term doesn’t appeal to me. I’ve already (and continue to) played that game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd buy land in two places. Northeastern MO, and somewhere out west like Idaho or Wyoming. As for being close: if I could afford that kind of land, I could afford the plane to fly myself back and forth quickly.

I’d snatch up a few surrounding parcels in western NC to add to our current 172 acres. Honestly I don’t think I’d want more than350-500 acres total. Managing mountain property is a little different than flat land.

I’ll always be a traveling adventure Bowhunter but owning land far away long term doesn’t appeal to me. I’ve already (and continue to) played that game.

With the Mega Millions you could afford a helicopter.

With the Mega Millions you could afford a helicopter.

Sure could but I’d rather donate most of it. I don’t need a helicopter to be happy.