I leave for my first elk hunt in the morning.

Hope you have a blast! Literally. Most desirable animal to hunt IMO. What state?

Good luck.

With that picture, I bet you get one ! Good luck !

I hate elk, but not as much as I hate the rmef. They are the king's cattle, and they graze by imminent domain. They have greatly exaggerated the historical range of these animals, planting them in places they never existed and putting all the burden on the private landowners. I lose about 250 aums worth of forage every year, fences destroyed, waters destroyed, deer herds dwindling, but the king gives me two cow tags.

Please kill all of them below 38 degrees of latitude.

I hate elk, but not as much as I hate the rmef. They are the king's cattle, and they graze by imminent domain. They have greatly exaggerated the historical range of these animals, planting them in places they never existed and putting all the burden on the private landowners. I lose about 250 aums worth of forage every year, fences destroyed, waters destroyed, deer herds dwindling, but the king gives me two cow tags.

I’ll do my part!

Show me on the map the historical range of cattle

Show me your rest rotation grazing plan for elk and how elk helped us through times of war...
I like my argument that elk belong on the landscape out west more than cattle but trust me I understand the need to provide food. I just find it ironic when ranchers or farmers start complaining about things that are supposed to be vs things that have been introduced.

Good luck!

I'm down for another good elk story. Good luck!

When IL has talked in the past of introducing elk in this state, I throw up in my mouth. Let's be real.

I like my argument that elk belong on the landscape out west more than cattle but trust me I understand the need to provide food. I just find it ironic when ranchers or farmers start complaining about things that are supposed to be vs things that have been introduced.
Maybe you missed my point, the elk were never there (my property) until the state planted them to "enhance" a national park that does not contain any elk habitat. The elk have remained on private since. I am one of the few left who understands the history, and one more generation and everyone will believe the elk have always been here and history will be forgotten.

I called rmef a coupe years to see if they would help fund an aerial gunning effort. They said they don't do that, they only support increasing herds. I told them they are very irresponsible, and fix your stupid fake habitat maps.

Maybe you missed my point, the elk were never there (my property) until the state planted them to "enhance" a national park that does not contain any elk habitat. The elk have remained on private since. I am one of the few left who understands the history, and one more generation and everyone will believe the elk have always been here and history will be forgotten.

I called rmef a coupe years to see if they would help fund an aerial gunning effort. They said they don't do that, they only support increasing herds. I told them they are very irresponsible, and fix your stupid fake habitat maps.
Give me one of those landowner tags you get.....and I will come and help you out with your elk problem.

Give me one of those landowner tags you get.....and I will come and help you out with your elk problem.
Deal, PM me. Thanks to screwed up trail cam order, I have a group of West Virginia veterans in there right now. They harvested a cow yesterday, and three more cow tags to fill plus a bull. I have been trying to get a disabled hunter program going the past few years after I decided no more locals are allowed. It's starting to take off.

good luck Omi! Have fun and share some pics with us!