I hunted all Bow season.....He hunted 5 minutes...Guess who shot it?

Steve Oehlenschlager

5 year old buck +
I never saw this deer all fall, but got quite a few pictures of this buck all summer and fall. I honestly thought this deer was bigger but at the most it is a 3 1/2 year old and "possibly" only 2 1/2. That's what happens when they have unlimited clover and soybeans almost all year long! DSC_8653_1.jpg DSC_8699_1.jpg DSC_8835_1.jpg DSC_8884_1.jpg Due to my Mom being in and out of the hospital on the day before season and the first day, my dad could not hunt at all. He shot this after only 5 minutes into his hunt on the second day of the season.

Sometimes it is best to just be lucky when hunting.

Dad deserves it! Nice work, both of you!

Excellent outcome for you guys !! Nice pix, too. Hope Mom is doing well.

Good story, cool buck with some funky points and absolutely phenomenal photos. I wish more people would remember to take 5 minutes to snap off photos of more than just the tailgate shot. Congrats to you and your pops.

Congrats to dad!

I spent an hour taking pictures!! Pictures come first then you do other things. We actually had to wait 10 minutes for the sun to hit the field just to take pictures. Never pass on taking good pictures....You will ALWAYS regret it later. I took about 500 pictures just to keep about 125 of them.

Congrats!

really like your pics - what kind of camera is that?

You take the best pics, two great bucks, congrats. I can't imagine he is only 2.5. I didn't know you were a high fence operation. Is possible he is just run down from the rut? I would guess 4.5 with that rack. You just don't see 2.5's with that character.

congrats on a dandy for your dad. great pics

The deer is was just not that big. My dad was in a hurry to get it processed to get back to the hospital so I was not able to get a tooth. Based on his weight I would say 3 1/2 but we had virtually zero winter weather the last 2 years and they had unlimited corn, beans, Sugar Beets and clover (15 acres of plots). More than likely he grew up on our farm so he just has had the best of everything from day one and used it to grow big quickly.

I used a Nikon D800 with 300mm 2.8 lens.......Its top quality lens that really give you the smoking great shots! But oh god are they spendy!

Nice deer, great pics and congrats to everyone involved!

Great deer, love those photos.

Cool story great deer