I been Banned?

JackTerp

5 year old buck +
I just was going to check out Deer Hunter Forum and found out I've been banned. This doesn't make any sense. I haven't been active at all over the past year on any forums. If anyone is also a member there please ask what the hell is going on.

Thanks,

Jack Terpack

So have I.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was on earlier and there were 3 or 4 spam posts. I reported them and left. That was a couple hours ago. I got back and logged in and I'm suddenly banned. It makes no sense unless they are having server issues.

May be. My message said my IP address was banned. Go figure. I have not had time to be on lately so don't think it was anything I have posted unless someone is posting as myself.

I am banned as well

bill

I think you'll be fine. This happens from time to time on the various forums I visit. The forum gets a virus or SPAM or pop ups and I get this message for a while. I am not a computer guy, so I am not sure what's happening. My assumption is the mods are taking care of business. Within a few hours or a day or so everything is back to normal.

They've been hacked. I'm banned as well. When you get back on, change your password and don't use a password that you use for anything else.

I know they've been getting a lot of spam lately. I am on late a lot of nights and report spam almost every night. Wait and see.

I am able to log on there.

Yep Ive been kicked. Must have forgot to publish my tax returns.

I logged in too...

Just tried it from my computer and my IP address has been banned but I am able to log in from my phone.

If they have been hit with a lot of spam lately it may be IP related. If they blocked a range of numbers to try curb the attack maybe some of your #'s got caught in the mix.
Can't say for sure I'm not a memeber there but I am familiar with a couple of the Mods. I doubt thier arbitrarily banning people. Someone should email a mod.

Just poked around over there for the first time in a long time and there is some spam on the general board.

Oh and smallplot, the info on dish soap over there isn't exactly accurate. I've used it for years as a crop oil replacement successfully. It doesn't get to foamy. Add it to the tank last and agitate. Paul Knox recommended it. I'd take his word over speculation any day.

Maybe the Russians had enough of Bullwinkle and tried to bring the site down.

Last edited:
I have asked a few mods over there to look into it.

I am a mod over there. One of our administrators was trying to get a handle on spam and was working with the IP filter and he accidentally banned himself and all of the mods as well as many of you. It has all been fixed now but it was weird that I couldn't even see the board myself. No conspiracies and Jack I thank you for the heads ups on the spam because you tend to be a late nighter and see it first... We are moving to a moderator approved registration system now...

I am a mod over there. One of our administrators was trying to get a handle on spam and was working with the IP filter and he accidentally banned himself and all of the mods as well as many of you. It has all been fixed now but it was weird that I couldn't even see the board myself. No conspiracies and Jack I thank you for the heads ups on the spam because you tend to be a late nighter and see it first... We are moving to a moderator approved registration system now...

Thanks for the heads up. I am normally up until about 5 in the morning and check in often. I hope that by reporting it the spam is isolated and can't cause as much trouble.

Thanks Okie.

If they have been hit with a lot of spam lately it may be IP related. If they blocked a range of numbers to try curb the attack maybe some of your #'s got caught in the mix.
Can't say for sure I'm not a memeber there but I am familiar with a couple of the Mods. I doubt thier arbitrarily banning people. Someone should email a mod.

Just poked around over there for the first time in a long time and there is some spam on the general board.

Oh and smallplot, the info on dish soap over there isn't exactly accurate. I've used it for years as a crop oil replacement successfully. It doesn't get to foamy. Add it to the tank last and agitate. Paul Knox recommended it. I'd take his word over speculation any day.

Just know it does not do well in my sprayers. Always end up with a ton of bubbles that can't wash out and each of them bubbles still hold what ever chemical that I was using. I may swap out chemicals more than others and not having an endless supply of water available kind of changes things.