Hybrid oaks.

Buck I think the oaks you found are awfully close to Concordia oaks. If they are you found a gold mine. Here is a picture of my Concordia oak from Missouri Dept. of Conservation nursery the first year they sold them for the City of Concordia. This is one of 4 I have and the first year any of them fruited.

Attachments

• condordia oak home.JPG
    condordia oak home.JPG
    466.4 KB · Views: 24
A bunch of the swamp whites oaks I have been keeping my eye on have now dumped most of their acorns. The majority of them have come down in the last week. Some of them really pumped out a big crop. One of the trees had squirrels under it all six times I visited it in the last three week. Hauling the loot away. I would say around an OCT 10th dump date.

IMG_1776.JPGIMG_1871.JPGIMG_1872.JPGIMG_1873.JPG

A bunch of the swamp whites oaks I have been keeping my eye on have now dumped most of their acorns. The majority of them have come down in the last week. Some of them really pumped out a big crop. One of the trees had squirrels under it all six times I visited it in the last three week. Hauling the loot away. I would say around an OCT 10th dump date.

View attachment 46740View attachment 46741View attachment 46742View attachment 46743

Nice! I missed out on the one big SWO i was watching as I was out of town when it dumped all it's loot and it was cleaned up in quick. I have a small handful of acorns I was able to find.. might just have to rely on planting bareroot seedlings next spring.