Hunting the neighors deer

Agreed and also how you have hunted those does through the years.

I am beginning to think those old does that have survived Intensive Harvest, Early Antlerless Seasons and still raised fawns will NEVER get over their behavior traits. The future generations might be more visible.
I also think buck hunting is a whole lot harder when the does are so nocturnal and skittish.

Saw that doe relationship happen in this state with the advent of concurrent hunting of buck and doe during the season. The does became just as nocturnal as any wise buck and thus you didn't have a hot doe leading a horny buck out of the thicket during daylight nearly as much. Forces one to hunt much closer to bedding areas than once needed .

Sounds like the neighbors are doing very well with your assistance keeping deer out of their property , Im pretty sure they don't and wont lose any sleep over this either , I am learning so much I did not know that deer could be herded by taking a few walks in the woods , it doesn't work that way here as I have observed

That was the year I bought. 2 years later that hunter and his friend left as they was seeing almost zero deer. I don't how he is sleeping. And if you don't think a few walks in the woods will change deer behavior you may want to peruse some of the threads in this site regarding access. Its a very important part of any deer parcel plan.

If the neighbor doesn't hunt, I'd try renting the property at least. Gets everyone out and u able to protect more deer.
That will get u the gate without pissing hem off too. Your protecting his land with that gate as well.

We tried leasing, but the owner would not do it. He lives in a trailer and drives a ford ranger that does not even appear road safe and does not seem to care about cash.

We tried leasing, but the owner would not do it. He lives in a trailer and drives a ford ranger that does not even appear road safe and does not seem to care about cash.

What about beer? Or whiskey? you might get those folks attention then.

What about beer? Or whiskey? you might get those folks attention then.

He likes whiskey. But he likes it when more than one guy has a reason to bring him some. Hence the unpredictable occurrence of hunters on his place. Guys can be random and varied.

He likes whiskey. But he likes it when more than one guy has a reason to bring him some. Hence the unpredictable occurrence of hunters on his place. Guys can be random and varied.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. One of those.

Maybe you oughta start dating his daughter. ;)

Maybe you oughta start dating his daughter. ;)

May turn out to be his son.......A guy has to watch out nowadays!

May turn out to be his son.......A guy has to watch out nowadays!

Got a good laugh last night as my 20 year got his ass chewed by an old lady for using the ladies room when I grabbed the mens first.

I told him next time it happens to simply say 'Don't let my facial hair fool you into thinking I don't have a Va Jay Jay' and walk away.

For what it's worth, I completely agree. This isn't the best analogy ever, as there are plenty of flaws to it, but a "mob mentality" is about the best I can come up with, with the does leading the mob. If the does are active at all times of day, I believe that even the most wary buck is more active/less cautious than when the does are super skittish and move little during daylight.
I wonder if that is why deer are seldom seen when we see turkeys in the woods. Skittish does don't like the racket from turkeys, either.

I wonder if that is why deer are seldom seen when we see turkeys in the woods. Skittish does don't like the racket from turkeys, either.

Deer love turkeys from my experience. I have watched deer walk through the woods surrounded by a fall flock. I even did a cool video of deer and a lone jake decoy.

i think you should train those turkeys to chase the deer out of the neighbor's woods. Would they need a license to participate in drives?

In all seriousness, I think our years of Intensive Harvest have put the does on edge to everything. Your country is different due to less hunting pressure on the does.

Or is it that we just have zero deer according to the flyover map?

Your country is different due to less hunting pressure on the does.

The video was from Nebraska. I had my dad there on a deer hunt and set the decoy and camera out to film turkeys. Only bucks walked past it but they were cruising good. He did kill a buck that trip - and we used the clip for a Nosejammer video contest (which we won). Love my Nosejammer. Skippy.

Good video.
So you don't spray nose jammer in your nose?

Oh, I get it. Noes Jammer kills the stench from the feathered rats! The music covers the racket from the turkeys.

I got to get some of that product!