Hunting Gift Idea!

Love all the ideas. Remember, I have to be able to locate this stuff by 4pm tomorrow.

Dang that's coming fast. Looks like a trip to Wally World may be the answer. Just don't buy one of those cornholers.:) Just kidding....

That Bushnell Cam they sell for $100 has been a solid performer for me. It's not a Reconyx, but good for the price.

Dang that's coming fast. Looks like a trip to Wally World may be the answer. Just don't buy one of those cornholers.:) Just kidding....

That Bushnell Cam they sell for $100 has been a solid performer for me. It's not a Reconyx, but good for the price.

Yep I bought one of those 100 wal mart bushnells 3 years ago an still running without a hitch!

Camo pack would be good too Mo. A Kid can always use that!

A set of game shears. Safer than a knife and its amazing how you can clean almost all small game and birds with them. Use mine all the time.

I'll second this. When my son was 7 he had free reign on the farm with a 4 wheeler and a BB gun in the rack all summer long.

With the agreement any thing over 10 mph grounded him.

He went out and shot deer, elk, bear and even a rabbit and bird or two. :D

But be careful at 14 he wanted the .223 to go fishing. Yotes and such :D

Geez Mo, I hope you got the day off tomorrow. Your gonna be a busy guy! ;)

Geez Mo, I hope you got the day off tomorrow. Your gonna be a busy guy! ;)

If it rains, i am going shopping!:D

Looks like they don't exist anymore, but my little Sog backpack was a great deal around $30 last year at Walmart. I only use it on all day sits when it's cold, but I can cram nearly the kitchen sink in it.

20151022_222001-1.jpg

They have this one now that might be similarly sized and functional. The link's not working from my phone. "Allen Lite Force Tactical pack" also $30.

I know it's not a gift but maybe a gift certificate to Gander or Cabelas & you take him there and out to eat and make a day or 1/2 day of it.

keep it simple..

Mouse traps are fun. Teaches them the fun of trapping. He is 7 so he will like some instant gratification as the patience won't be there, nothing bad just the way kids are now. I would buy him a sling shot. Its something that teaches aiming and the instinct of shooting. Plus, my kids LOVE to shoot them and their friends see it and they are clueless.

A Zebralight flashlight. He will be amazed and he will amaze his friends. Or a Vinh modded light and all will be amazed.

I'd be careful with the BB gun idea. Dad got me mine at a young age not sure exactly how young. My uncle (neighbor) gave my dad crap about me being way to young for a pea shooter. Well turns out uncle brian was right because within 72hrs I took out his sliding glass door:cool:. I still don't think my uncle is over that

I'll send you a squirrel - hell for that price i'll send you both of them!!!! His parents will love you for it!:D

First thing I thought of was a BB gun or a starter bow if he is strong enough (not one to hunt with just one to get the kids started like 20 or 30 lbs).

Toss in some camo clothes and a pack for his "gear" and he will be in heaven!

Got my first BB gun for first communion so I was in the 2nd grade - all the adults took it out in the back yard and shot at a steel drum in the dark to watch it spark - the next morning I got my ass chewed for the window in the shed been shot up. The barrel sits right next to the window. I reminded dad that I wasn't the one shooting at the barrel last night. Now I was guilty of many other things after that, but that incident I was innocent!

I like the live trap idea. A BB gun would be fun too.....even if it takes some supervision for a while. I cut the daylights out of my fingers with folding jack knives when I was a kid. A canteen, mess kit and back pack could be fun for a kid.

A bit more money and a bit older kid.....but I bought my grandson a Henry 22 lever action rifle. Then I bought him those Augilla 22's that only go about 600 fps and are quiet. He has shot many bricks of that stuff.....and he is deadly with it.

Something as an extra is an inexpensive headlamp like the kind you buy at menards. Uses replacement batteries and is about $10. Kids love that stuff and if its lost or broke no harm.

So have you decided yet? Lots of good suggestions.

So have you decided yet? Lots of good suggestions.

Wife said no guns, knives or hatchets. So I am leaning backpack, game camera, camo hat, clip on visor light Rattle horns from my farm, and grunt tube so far!

Well done Mo! On a side note (aka:Hijack)....can I ask all you guys what to buy my wife when August comes around? She don't hunt.:D NEEEVER MIND.

Well done Mo! On a side note (aka:Hijack)....can I ask all you guys what to buy my wife when August comes around? She don't hunt.:D NEEEVER MIND.

Get her the same gift I get mine every year for our anniversary.

Just tie a different color bow around it!;)

My son's 5 and he's always borrowing my head lamps, pruners, tree steps, pretty much anything he can find! Does he have a bow yet? Get him a starter recurve w/ a glove and some arrows to fling at the neighbors cat. I like the Cabelas/BPS gift card thing too. Kids love those stores and will surely find something they can't live without. The camo backpack w/ a few essentials would be perfect too.