Howboutthemdawgs

Almost feel sorry for TCU. But, maybe they should look closer at difficulty of schedule better before ranking these teams.

It is ridiculous that these games are played on a Monday night. I don't understand why this isn't also played on Saturday.

The talent disparity was ridiculous. Tcu was a nice story but they don’t belong in that game obviously.

The championship game was last saturday night....

Reactions: DJN
Any given saturday.. No doubt the Dawgs are the class of the country. Hard to discount TCU too much after beating a Michigan team that by most reasonable measures deserved their #2 seed.

SEC as a conference outclassed the rest of the country by even more than normal this year. They just beat up on each other too much. In addition to the dawgs, it'd be hard to bet against Tennessee, Bama, or LSU vs any non-SEC team in the country. Maybe not OSU after that game they had against the dawgs but they didn't impress as much as usual otherwise.

I saw that the dawgs have an easy schedule (by SEC standards) coming next year too.. no bama, no LSU.

Definitely not the hardest but still have to play florida, auburn, Tenn, a respectable South Carolina and then presumably lsu or bama if we make the sec championship. So while lacking a big out of conference opponent I’d argue it’s still harder than most

Geaux Tigers!

Looks like Georgia has a bigger payroll now than Alabama for re-cruiting players ... 😜

Looks like Georgia has a bigger payroll now than Alabama for re-cruiting players ... 😜
Unfortunately it’s legal these days. Grosses me out. I’m definitely losing interest. I went to last two national championships they were in but I just couldn’t justify this one. Couple more years of this instant transfer and big money deals and I could easily check out

Unfortunately it’s legal these days. Grosses me out. I’m definitely losing interest. I went to last two national championships they were in but I just couldn’t justify this one. Couple more years of this instant transfer and big money deals and I could easily check out

Even worse for fans of a small $ programs that will lose studs to the transfer portal every year.

Even worse for fans of a small $ programs that will lose studs to the transfer portal every year.
100%. It’s free agency. Smaller schools are now farm teams for the handful of big dogs. Like pitt losing Addison to usc last year cause Addison got a big United airline deal who is the big sponsor for usc.

The transfer portal will eventually change. There are very few coaches who are in favor of it. Just a select few at the top. Everyone else is constantly trying to play musical chairs hoping the music doesn't stop. Name, Image, and Likeness will probably speed things up.

If you want to level the playing field, have a minimum GPA with required coursework for first 2 years. This would probably cause many NFL teams to start drafting kids out of high school like the NBA.

That was a real ass whipping ! I’m hoping the Vikings can draft that TE whenever he comes out. He’s impressive!

If you want to level the playing field, have a minimum GPA with required coursework for first 2 years. This would probably cause many NFL teams to start drafting kids out of high school like the NBA.

I don’t recall specifics but I think a kid needs at least 2 years of college football or to be 2-3 years removed from high school to be draft eligible.

I’m an NDSU fan/alumn. They’ve been able to prove to kids you can still get drafted high (Trey lance, Christian watson, wentz) but nobody valuable ever used to leave. Now plenty of kids are.

My brother is on the staff at U of Wyoming. Tough going for them keeping standout players these days too.

I’m an NDSU fan/alumn. They’ve been able to prove to kids you can still get drafted high (Trey lance, Christian watson, wentz) but nobody valuable ever used to leave. Now plenty of kids are.

My brother is on the staff at U of Wyoming. Tough going for them keeping standout players these days too.
I’ve always passively followed wyo football. I’ve like Craig bohl since ndsu. But wyoming had a mass exodus to the portal this year including their good running back. It’s so depressing watching this sport morph into something that only benefits some of the players at the expense of the fans and staffs. I have my theories on why this is happening now and it’s not because the fans, coaches or institutions ever thought this would end well.

I don’t recall specifics but I think a kid needs at least 2 years of college football or to be 2-3 years removed from high school to be draft eligible.

Rules would change as probably 20-30% of athletes would not be able to meet requirements. College coach's would hate it, NFL would love it, but it would benefit the athletes the most.