How to remove a widow maker

tooln

5 year old buck +
I had a large maple that I had to take down. Part of it got hung up in another. The picture doesn't give you a good idea of the size, but it was about 4' long and 6" diameter. It was near a trail we use all the time so I had to do something with it, but it was about 35' up. A 12 ga. & a few turkey loads did the trick.

Your way's more fun, but for the future you could drill a hole in a golf ball, put in a small eye bolt, tie on some light nylon cord and have a poor-mans throwball setup. Chuck the ball where you want it, grab both ends of the cord- voila! No black and blue shoulders, and you save an Andrew Jackson in ammo! ;)

Your way's more fun, but for the future you could drill a hole in a golf ball, put in a small eye bolt, tie on some light nylon cord and have a poor-mans throwball setup. Chuck the ball where you want it, grab both ends of the cord- voila! No black and blue shoulders, and you save an Andrew Jackson in ammo! ;)

I'm a better shot than thrower & I like the fun factor. I'll remember it though maybe to keep the wife busy on something when I have something else I want to get done. ;)