Horizontal rub

I have had a total of ZERO deer rub my horizontal rub. I have no idea why. There is plenty of buck activity in this spot, even a scrape with 10 feet of it, but they show no interest in rubbing it. I even added some scent to it and nothing in almost a month. I do have to say that the deer at our farm don't rub a lot, but there are plenty of bucks around and scrapes everywhere. They just don't and have never rubbed trees much at our farm.

I have had a total of ZERO deer rub my horizontal rub. I have no idea why. There is plenty of buck activity in this spot, even a scrape with 10 feet of it, but they show no interest in rubbing it. I even added some scent to it and nothing in almost a month. I do have to say that the deer at our farm don't rub a lot, but there are plenty of bucks around and scrapes everywhere. They just don't and have never rubbed trees much at our farm.
I had similar experience a couple years back with a few different set ups/attempts. Not worth the effort on our farm it seems.

I seem to have a little more luck with them rubbing hinge cuts...although I never actually made a horizontal rub from a sapling.
I saw this little walnut today while I was out spot spraying thistle.
This little bit of rubbing was done over the last week.
0eb5e61fe5514968ef2f912fc0d4d1ff.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I made a second with a cedar branch this weekend. We will see what happens

They are using the cedar rub. No use on the scotch pine rub but they are rubbing a scotch pine the size of a corner post.