Help Nominate Brooks for ODN Man Of The Year

I emailed Rob Dreislin asking what happens after the nomination... Here is his reply:

Thanks for the interest, Mark. No online poll. Our choice isn't by popular vote. Staff takes the list of nominees and judge them accordingly, then makes a selection. Looking back at our list over the past 16 years, I don't think we've ever struck out.

So this is a nomination AND a vote in a sense.

Done.

Dam, I remember Deney Terrio.

You don't know how much truth you speak there MO. Seems anytime I do anything physical these days I injure something. Got golfers elbows and rotator cuff issues to work thru from last summer......and got a touch of art in most of my joints. Nothing heals as quick as it used to. It ain't easy getting older. ;) Still....this is a healthy life-style down here. At least a guy gets outdoors and finds plenty of activity.

When are you lining up the JAVELINA hunt Foggy. Bet I could get a carload of guys from up here to come down in February.

CHOP CHOP!

(I am serious)

Classic!!!! Bell bottoms and a 3/4 open polyester shirt. MO bring it back baby

Edit; Edit; not sure now. I deleted

Bring it back?.......I still rock that look man!;)

When are you lining up the JAVELINA hunt Foggy. Bet I could get a carload of guys from up here to come down in February.

CHOP CHOP!

(I am serious)

If you come down brooks I'll get you into some javi's. I've got some good areas. There aren't many tags left but if you're serious I'll tell you what area to send in for.

If you come down brooks I'll get you into some javi's. I've got some good areas. There aren't many tags left but if you're serious I'll tell you what area to send in for.

When is season over. I am on the brink. PM me baby! I will bring the boxes of beer!

Man.....I gotta get with it. Been so busy kinda forgot all about getting a license worked out. o_O:oops:

Wink......do you know anything about the hunt areas around the Phoenix area?? I have read a bit.....but not enough to know what I'm doing.

When is season over. I am on the brink. PM me baby! I will bring the boxes of beer!
Handgun,archery, muzzleloader hunt starts feb 6th and goes to the 16th. That's the hunt I always go on. Love to hunt them with a pistol. Tag is $115.00 and you'll need to get a non-resident hunting /fishing license which is $160.00. They are fun to hunt once you find them.

Wink......do you know anything about the hunt areas around the Phoenix area?? I have read a bit.....but not enough to know what I'm doing.
I don't know a thing about them foggy. I live and hunt in southern AZ. Sorry!

I don't know a thing about them foggy. I live and hunt in southern AZ. Sorry!
No problem Wink. I shudda been on this long ago. Did a little google work tonight and found a hunt area north of Phoenix that may work out for me. Not sure if my 223 is enough gun for these little pigs.....but I suppose if I get some good bullets it oughta do the trick. :)

.223 will be perfect as it doesn't take much to knock 'em down. Not many rifle tags left and most are in southern az. Still a few Handgun,archery, muzzleloader tags left but are the same with most being down south.

Done.

Handgun,archery, muzzleloader hunt starts feb 6th and goes to the 16th. That's the hunt I always go on. Love to hunt them with a pistol. Tag is $115.00 and you'll need to get a non-resident hunting /fishing license which is $160.00. They are fun to hunt once you find them.

Have you ever used distress calls to get them close? Be recurving it if the dates work. Killed one years ago on the King Ranch stalking but would like to get in the middle of them and try calling.

Have you ever used distress calls to get them close? Be recurving it if the dates work. Killed one years ago on the King Ranch stalking but would like to get in the middle of them and try calling.

Can a guy just stake out a water hole? Or are there none around in that area that allow hunting?

Looks like I blew it for getting a license for this season. None left without a big drive for me. :(

That's how I got mine last year. I missed one and they took off, hit my little j-13 call and they all came back in running. I also had a herd come in to the fox-pro once when I was varmint hunting with my nephew. It's quite exciting when they're all around you woofing and popping their teeth.

Can a guy just stake out a water hole? Or are there none around in that area that allow hunting?
The best way to hunt them is to set up a pair of binoculars on a tripod and glass for them eating in the mornings. Once we find them we make a stock in and try to get a shot. Sometimes you can call them in with a varmint call but they have to be close.

You know, we kicked up 49 posts for brooks for man of the year. Even if we don't win this thing, there's gonna be a group a guys around the water cooler saying, "this brooks guy sure has a small army of nut balls that believe in what he's saying..."