All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Nominate Brooks for ODN Man Of The Year

SD51555

5 year old buck +
Outdoor News is running a nomination process for Man Of The Year. To cast a vote, simply email the following message to: Editor@outdoornews.com

I nominate Brooks Johnson for the countless hours he's volunteered to organize, advocate for, and lead countless deer hunters, in support of our concern over the direction of the Minnesota deer herd. He's given more than anyone and has proven to be a tough but fair advocate for answers and sound practices from our resource managers.

Who's with me? Let's get Brooks the recognition he's earned and send a strong message that he's got an orange and camo army behind him.

Last edited:
Sent

Done.

I nominate Brooks Johnson.

He has dedicated nearly a year to the deer hunters of MN. His passion and drive to educate people and bring change to the management of deer in MN is very much appreciated. It is long over due.

sent

Done!

I will do the same! Thanks Brooks. By the way, I think the limited doe tags in our county has helped, I am seeing more deer right now than past two or three winters at this time, and some decent bucks. Kudos to all you guys on here that helped!

Done

Done.

Interesting...a similar post about Brooks and ODN man of the year just went "poof" on HSO. At least 100 or so folks saw it before it got yanked :)

Why would Hot Spot pull it?

Bummer on the HSO post getting yanked. I hadn't logged in over there yet today, wonder why it got the yank...

Interesting...a similar post about Brooks and ODN man of the year just went "poof" on HSO. At least 100 or so folks saw it before it got yanked :)

I wonder if a topic were written to talk about the ODN Man of the Year and how the process works......then add some info about Brooks being a good candidate in a casual manner, if that would stay up? If you get too political I suppose it would get yanked.

Couldn't tell you. I know they've given me "time outs" before for posting links to another forum and for "inappropriate language" :D
I'm guessing the post broke some obscure rule

What a joke! hahahahaha!

Nomination sent!

Was there a link in the HSO post? The discussion went cold over there...

Maybe it would be ok in "silly town"? The outdoor discussions forum over there gets pretty political.

A guy can't even write the word website there without it getting automatically changed to HSO Forum.

done

If you aren't talking about products or guides anywhere on that site, and in a positive light, you've got nothing to offer or gain.

So this is a nomination effort..... what is next? Is there an online poll to pick the Dude of the Year?

When we get down the ladder a few rungs to "Rain Dance Man of the Year".......I'd be open to a nomination. ;) I've been watching the Hopi dances here.....and I picked up a few new moves. ;)

When we get down the ladder a few rungs to "Rain Dance Man of the Year".......I'd be open to a nomination. ;) I've been watching the Hopi dances here.....and I picked up a few new moves. ;)

Don't be throwing out a hip with all those new moves there Deney Terrio!;)

Don't be throwing out a hip with all those new moves there Deney Terrio!;)

You don't know how much truth you speak there MO. Seems anytime I do anything physical these days I injure something. Got golfers elbows and rotator cuff issues to work thru from last summer......and got a touch of art in most of my joints. Nothing heals as quick as it used to. It ain't easy getting older. ;) Still....this is a healthy life-style down here. At least a guy gets outdoors and finds plenty of activity.