Habitat-Talk's June Trail Cam Photo Contest

She just noticed someone was watching her!!! LOL

Ya gotta wonder what was going through her head.

Sandhill Crane
8eaa1937b907ec45367299a658bdf294.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Best year I've had capturing fawns on camera so really tough picking which 5 captures to share! Start with one taken just after feeding -- muzzle licking good! :emoji_blush:

Muzzle Licking Good.jpg

Like Bill said earlier, either being still or jumping all over the place... this one and a few others I captured impressed me how quickly the fawns learn to be alert, just like Mom.

Alert.jpg

On the other end of the spectrum, the next two pics made me chuckle. That moment when... one second you're trying to play with a newly discovered friend...

Egret Play Toy.jpg

And finally, a capture I think most parents can appreciate... when you just want to quickly use the bathroom without worry but are learning as a new parent that's no longer possible. :emoji_wink:

Let Me Pee.jpg

Last share is a video so not a submission for the monthly contest... and not a fawn either... but first time I've had luck capturing this particular creature on game camera! No bait used... just attached a camera to one of the beams of my dock.

Bueller makes July's contest theme "Alligator", I'm going to kick myself for sharing it early. :emoji_joy:

Great pics Big Bend. Do you have any gators nesting on your pond?

Cool gator video bigbend. He looks like he's up to no good :emoji_crocodile:

I've had 5 cams out for a month and have yet to get a single pic of a fawn.

I've had 5 cams out for a month and have yet to get a single pic of a fawn.

None for me yet either. But I have some really fat does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last share is a video so not a submission for the monthly contest... and not a fawn either... but first time I've had luck capturing this particular creature on game camera! No bait used... just attached a camera to one of the beams of my dock.

Bueller makes July's contest theme "Alligator", I'm going to kick myself for sharing it early. :emoji_joy:

That is BA.

Great pics Big Bend. Do you have any gators nesting on your pond?
Pond's 20 acres, Eggman, and I know that there are multiple gators as I see 2 or 3 at the same time when I go fishing. This year I haven't seen any babies but did have some babies swimming around a couple of years ago. Juvenile suckers are crazy aggressive chasing artificial lures!

image.png Had one in a gulf access canal last week. He's a dead gator soon. My son started throwing his arm like he was tossing something in the water and it swam right up to the dock. 5 footer I'd say. Someone's been feeding him. A Fed Gator is a dead gator.

I will kick things off.

Congrats to Native Hunter! You are the winner with 20 likes :emoji_thumbsup::emoji_clap::emoji_trophy:. PM your address to me if you wish to claim your prize.