Habitat Improvement Advice Needed for Small Parcel

Something like this. Clumps for bedding. Lines for blocking wind and movement.

I like that plan for the north field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Something like this. Clumps for bedding. Lines for blocking wind and movement.

I like that plan for the north field.

Bring another short line of conifers in to the red bead, coming from straight west. Bring them right into that corner.

There are many habitats coming together in that corner like spikes of a wheel.

Do I see deer trails coming together just east of the red shaded area?

That's what it looks like to me. Looks like it would be a hoot to hunt.

I am not answering your question but am thinking about stand approach and funneling.

Two questions, from the west stand, can you shoot across that narrow spot to the small creek behind you? How do you approach that stand?

Have you walked that edge where the woods meets the north pond? A canoe or waders might allow a scent less approach to a stand there. Is there a string of rubs along there?

I am not able to shoot across the narrow spot to the South. It is extremely thick in that portion of the woods. A big wind storm came through a couple of years ago and snapped a lot of trees off. Almost impossible to walk through that section. I usually approach from the South and then parallel the tree grove about 20 yards out before cutting into the stand. Given how thick it is to the south I have not seen any deer use it to travel through, so it sets up fairly well for a North wind. The predominate winds in the are during the fall are from the north, so it is tough to hunt the anywhere in the middle without blowing your scent into the area where the does bed.

In regards to your second post. 25 yards to the east of the western stand there is a good staging area where I have a trial camera. The buck coming from the east seem to come through the middle of the grove and then start angling past the stand. Several rubs there before they head out across the field. I do think I will need to get several ground blinds in place in a couple other locations to add a few more places to sit if winds are not perfect for the other stands.