Gun Value? Colt 1911, first run

SD51555

5 year old buck +
Anybody have access or ability to find out what a first run Colt 1911 with a serial number under 3190 would be worth?

I just sent an email off. Guy shoots competition mounted cowboy for Colt. See what he says. My buddys sister did the same but got in a head on collision a year ago coming home from a shoot.

Wear your seat belt.

I should mention it's a US Army model.

I have a Remington Rand Model 1911, Says United States Property. It was my dads, I assume he brought it home from the war, but would never say. Not to highjack your thread but if you find a guy that knows the prices of these 1911's let me know.

Gun Broker.com or, The High Road.com good resources for gun-related stuff. Tell 'em 2-Wild-Deuces sent you. ;)

^ and the value is??

^ and the value is??

Just guessing either side of $2,000 from what the others are at. I would never sell it but its nice to know. Wish it could talk!

Wow foggy, a guy on The High Road just told me I have a Colt Receiver with a Remington Slide on it. He is about to tell me all about how that happened. Pretty Cool!

Wow foggy, a guy on The High Road just told me I have a Colt Receiver with a Remington Slide on it. He is about to tell me all about how that happened. Pretty Cool!
That site is pretty cool. I used to spend allot of time at that one. Sometimes when I am researching some gun stuff.....I hang out over there a bit more. Some of those guys have ALLOT of knowledge. Lately guns just don't trip my trigger tho. It comes and goes.

OH......and nice looking guns. :)

Last edited:
That site is pretty cool. I used to spend allot of time at that one. Sometimes when I am researching some gun stuff.....I hang out over there a bit more. Some of those guys have ALLOT of knowledge. Lately guns just don't trip my trigger tho. It comes and goes.

OH......and nice looking guns. :)

Sounds like the 1911 is not worth as much not being in original condition. But thats ok, Not selling it anyways. I have a pile of guns I inherited when my dad died. They just sit around, some are pretty cool. Like this 30-06 johnson automatic. The one in this video is the dutch model, and mine is very close to the same. I am going to see if anyone has info on that gun as well on that web site.

https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search...6+rifle&ei=UTF-8&hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-004

I ended up at a gun auction on Saturday. It was a pile of cheap guns and a few gems mixed in. Of the 60 guns, I bet you 45 were .22s and single shot shotguns. The 1911 went for $875. I bowed out at $800 because the auctioneer stuffed his foot in his mouth by creating doubt about the completeness of the gun, that it may have been re-worked and pieced together after a tour of duty early on. The serial number was 3134 US Army. Had he not said anything, I bet it could have easily gone to $1500+ the way those guys were chasing things.

I also bid on an old military 30-06. It was a model I'd never seen before, but was in nice condition for being 100 years old. Overall, a big disappointment. Everything went right up to retail prices, and some even above.

A lot of gun auctions go that way. I watched a cheap .22 go for double retail one time at an auction. If you don't do your homework beforehand it's easy to get burned. Add in a buyers premium and it gets even worse.

That's my ultimate dream list gun; a 1911 stamped "United States Property". So much history and national pride in one of those chunks of metal!

Too bad you didn't end up with it. Better luck next time.

I ended up at a gun auction on Saturday. It was a pile of cheap guns and a few gems mixed in. Of the 60 guns, I bet you 45 were .22s and single shot shotguns. The 1911 went for $875. I bowed out at $800 because the auctioneer stuffed his foot in his mouth by creating doubt about the completeness of the gun, that it may have been re-worked and pieced together after a tour of duty early on. The serial number was 3134 US Army. Had he not said anything, I bet it could have easily gone to $1500+ the way those guys were chasing things.

I also bid on an old military 30-06. It was a model I'd never seen before, but was in nice condition for being 100 years old. Overall, a big disappointment. Everything went right up to retail prices, and some even above.
Totally par for the course at any and all gun auctions around here as well. Many years ago I watched 2 guys bidding on an 870 WingMaster, nothing special at all, just a very, very nice condition mid-70's gun. They bid it up to almost 1.5x's the cost of a new one before one guy bowed out...stupidest thing was, they were brothers who knew guns very well and knew exactly what the d#mn thing was worth. I called them both morons after the auction and the one who bowed out thought he was a smarta$$ because he bid his brother up, I said you wouldn't have been so smart if he would have stopped one bid sooner. He shut up after that.