Grunt Call from Spalted Maple

BenAllgood

5 year old buck +
I've never been a big call person, but I found out the dad of one of my daughter's friends at school makes duck calls and grunt calls. So, I got one from him. I thought it was really cool, and it does sound pretty good too. He said the wood was spalted maple. Who knows. I may let my daughter use it this year. If she calls in the big one, it would make a cool story! Ha!

20221026_145810.jpg

Got this years trail cam contest prize worked out. That might be a good idea for the future.

Cool call hope your daughter slay’s a nice one.

I don't use a grunt call to call deer to me, but it is the absolute best thing to stop a deer for a shot. I like to keep one either in a chest pocket or on a string around my neck. It works great to give a little grunt when my target deer is in position. They always stop and stare, giving me a perfect shot opportunity.

I've never been a big call person, but I found out the dad of one of my daughter's friends at school makes duck calls and grunt calls. So, I got one from him. I thought it was really cool, and it does sound pretty good too. He said the wood was spalted maple. Who knows. I may let my daughter use it this year. If she calls in the big one, it would make a cool story! Ha!

View attachment 46904

Love that call. Wow.

How’s it sound? Contact for him?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome. Thank you. Will check out his inventory and info.

Have some, and gifted some, amazing calls from Cold Spring Game calls (Nick).

Talk about a weakness and addiction. They’re the best gift for hunting buddies and they sound SO much better than anything plastic or short barreled I’ve heard.

Appreciate the share and that is one sexy call.