All Things Habitat - Lets talk.....

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grouse

kabic

5 year old buck +
not from a trail cam, but I took these a few weeks ago while hunting.

MMMmmm....grouse, tasty!

cool pic! they are tasty little critters!

I have never had brush chicken. I've been anxious to do so. I carried my .22 mares leg for a few sits this fall, never saw one. Brother and I pick stands for the one morning, and he has 5 right in front of him.

Go figure. Cool pic!

Grouse are strange sometimes. This past Oct. I was loading firewood onto some pallets for storage ( next year's wood ) which are right next to a thicket of Hawthorns. I was loading & stacking for some time - not being quiet in any way - when suddenly a grouse exploded out of the haws about 15' from me. I was watching where it flew and #2 rocketed out of there! They were content to keep feeding on the red haw berries while I was stacking wood right there next to them. Orange/red leaves hadn't fallen yet so I couldn't see them in the trees. Like SD51555 said above - ^^^^^ go figure !!